What's The Cheapest Steak You'd Eat

When I went to the store yesterday there wasn't a whole lot of Steak left so I saw that the Boneless Chuck Steak was only $5 lb so I bought a couple . I normally get a higher grade like t-bone or NY strip . What is the cheapest cuts of meat you'd eat ?

Last edited:
I have eaten a fair amount of boness chuck steak. Turn it into swiss steak recipe. Also have a baked in foil chuck steak recipe with potatoes & carrots in a cream of mushroom sauce that is made while it is cooked in the oven.

Don't wan't to have to lug around a piece of luggage with me everywhere I go when I get to be 70, so I avoid red meat. Not saying I totally eliminate it though.

What is the cheapest grade you'd eat ?
and OP asked about grade of meat, not what cut of meat. There are only three grades sold to the public, prime, choice and select.

When I went to the store yesterday there wasn't a whole lot of Steak left so I saw that the Boneless Chuck Steak was only $5 lb so I bought a couple . I normally get a higher grade like t-bone or NY strip . What is the cheapest grade you'd eat ?
I always pass on Select it should all go in the grinder

Don't wan't to have to lug around a piece of luggage with me everywhere I go when I get to be 70, so I avoid red meat. Not saying I totally eliminate it though.

and OP asked about grade of meat, not what cut of meat. There are only three grades sold to the public, prime, choice and select.
No he was listing cuts of meats he might have been meaning grade but listed cuts.

When I went to the store yesterday there wasn't a whole lot of Steak left so I saw that the Boneless Chuck Steak was only $5 lb so I bought a couple . I normally get a higher grade like t-bone or NY strip . What is the cheapest grade you'd eat ?
Them are not grades of meat they are cuts.

Back