What are you eating right now?

I'm supposed to be on the BRAT diet but haven't eaten in two days. Autophagy at its finest w over 36 hrs, caught a GI virus. Haven't felt this bad since I had H1N1 or the pandemic bug.
My state of mind is clear, drinking water only.
Let me hopefully clarify because I think someone might misunderstand what's going on. You caught a GI virus and your doc put you on the BRAT diet - easily digestible carbs only. I'm sorry to hear that. Make sure you don't dehydrate, especially if you eat nothing or very little. As you said, after 36 hours of fasting you certainly reap the benefits of autophagy although that's likely offset by your current deleterious state. Slimey-orange or even bloody, watery stools are not fun! Once you get over the infection, build up your biome with prebiotic foods. The immune system depends on a strong and healthy biome. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
WOW...my baby girl turned 42 today! How time flies.

Nurse is doing my running now and picking me up a chocolate malt to celebrate. That will pretty much fill me up!
Also had her take me outside for 10 minutes or so. First time out of the house in a month or more. Felt good. :)

I'm supposed to be on the BRAT diet but haven't eaten in two days. Autophagy at its finest w over 36 hrs, caught a GI virus. Haven't felt this bad since I had H1N1 or the pandemic bug.
My state of mind is clear, drinking water only.
We had some type of GI bug going around here a month back. Folks would get nauseated and feel like you were going to lose it but did not throw up. Cramps and blah feeling ,barely could or did not even want to eat for 3-4 days and then gone..... Never did know what it was. Feel better soon!

IMG_7720.jpeg

Had the nurse pick me up smoked pork chops for later. Local grocery store with a smoker out back.
Never know what they are smoking. Sometimes chicken, ribs or pork chops. She said they had chicken and chops today.

• Love
Reactions: GON
The SOB lays around the house all day

Full figured women drop in at regular intervals, shower him and all kinds of other stuff

Some bring homemade chow

NOW it's smoked pork chops??

He whines one more time, I'm done here.
There is an ignore button, if you are serious Pablo.
I really don't understand how to take this.

I demand smoked pork chops. Now!
I demanded nothing. The store smokes meat most days. I have had their chicken and ribs, both were good.

Just saw they started doing chops a couple weeks ago. Said to pick up a pack if they had them today.
Did I tick you off somehow, or is it just mess with an old man day? Just curious as I don't know how to take your comments today. :confused:

I demanded nothing. The store smokes meat most days. I have had their chicken and ribs, both were good.

Just saw they started doing chops a couple weeks ago. Said to pick up a pack if they had them today.
Did I tick you off somehow, or is it just mess with an old man day? Just curious as I don't know how to take your comments today. :confused:
Messing around with you!

I love smoked chops. I think it’s tacos 🌮 tonight

Four cheese tortellini sauced with creamed cottage cheese (good with any filled pasta) and a nice Italian pinot grigio.
We dislike Cali pinot grigio but find the Italian to be good.

After all the inexpensive food during my recent trip even Nick the Greek seems pricey. I'm now used to exhaustive and generous $10 lunches! I'm having a chicken souvlaki bowl for $13.25.

Just off the plane in McAllen TX. On the border. It is 1030pm. Awesome meal at 1030pm. Can't get a meal in the greater Tacoma area after 8pm.

Have to say, McAllen and the Texas tropical highway area is a hidden gem. Awesome weather, outstanding food choices, and affordable.

Btw, everything is wonderful, but the green beans are out of this world.

IMG_20240523_223255.jpg
IMG_20240523_222919.jpg

Back