What are you eating right now?

Just having chips and Hot Pace salsa for lunch today. Also have a container of mixed grapes, strawberries and blueberries for desert.
Chocolate too for the sweet tooth.

I'm sure vavavroom can pick it apart and find a reason to be mean to me today. As usual. :p

Who, moi?

Homemade Claussen pickles I pickled about 3 weeks ago. Delicious
17122693354709140111769696016975.jpg

No pictures but I cooked 2 4.5oz fillets, some asparagus just tiny bit crunchy, boiled russet potatoes, Béarnaise sauce, and a few brown and serve rolls.

I was happy with how everything came out for once. I usually grill half of that but it was hailing.. so Stovetop/oven it was.

I'm on a 72-hour water fast. Time to get autophagy going. Also helps reduce inflammation - and everyone has inflammation. It's a side effect of bing alive. I had my last meal yesterday evening, so I'm 24 hours in. Slight fleeting hunger in the early afternoon today but not terrible. I've had plenty of water, tea, and a little black coffee. Because glycogen will be depleted, and because glycogen holds a lot of water, I expect to lose a few pounds of water weight by tomorrow morning. I do this sort of thing every couple of months but I expect to do it more frequently over the next few years as I enter my twilight years.

I'm on a 72-hour water fast. Time to get autophagy going. Also helps reduce inflammation - and everyone has inflammation. It's a side effect of bing alive. I had my last meal yesterday evening, so I'm 24 hours in. Slight fleeting hunger in the early afternoon today but not terrible. I've had plenty of water, tea, and a little black coffee. Because glycogen will be depleted, and because glycogen holds a lot of water, I expect to lose a few pounds of water weight by tomorrow morning. I do this sort of thing every couple of months but I expect to do it more frequently over the next few years as I enter my twilight years.
I really think longer fasting will help me as well. Fear stops me, but I know once I am past that first fierce hunger period I will be OK

Reactions: wlk
I really think longer fasting will help me as well. Fear stops me, but I know once I am past that first fierce hunger period I will be OK
There's only one way to find out. I like the 72-hour fast because it's long enough to trigger autophagy for at least 24 hours while it's also short enough of a period to avoid the cannibalization of contractile tissue. Keeping busy and distracting myself from eating works well enough so it doesn't turn into torture. After day 2 it's smooth sailing with the end in sight.

Just a frozen lasagna today, fresh fruit for dessert.

Woke to hammering, sawing and cordless tools today. Two guys out there building my new deck and steps. They took the old one out and did concrete work a couple weeks ago. I got brave, grabbed my cane and walked out to see. Looking good so far! :p

Woke to hammering, sawing and cordless tools today. Two guys out there building my new deck and steps. They took the old one out and did concrete work a couple weeks ago. I got brave, grabbed my cane and walked out to see. Looking good so far! :p
You couldn't find a generic deck picture to post? You wanted snark, right?

Free Deck Week?

Back