What are you eating right now?

For dinner since I do need to empty my fridge for a move - a pastured, grass-fed beef liver and onions. I soaked the liver in milk and cooked it for a little longer this time. It came out better than my last attempt.

Now the BEST fish in the whole wide world is that square piece of fried cod at Luby's!! 😋 😋 😋 😋 I've been eating that ever since I had my first solid meal as a baby:D Fried fish, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn,roll covered in butter, and a slice of cherry pie.

large.jpg

200 calorie lunch with chicken sausage on a salad and Caesar dressing. Hope I've lost SOME weight during my time away from home.

acceptable, carp is good too

but look it like this, still water like lakes and a pond, the fish from there does not offer a whole lot nutrition; however, large bodies water and streams they do

min sorry but I will not eat carp. Downright nasty unless you seriously honestly know a good way to cook it. Walleye, perch and crappie, salmon and whiting, tuna I’ll eat. Carp=🤮🤮🤮😝😝🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

min sorry but I will not eat carp. Downright nasty unless you seriously honestly know a good way to cook it. Walleye, perch and crappie, salmon and whiting, tuna I’ll eat. Carp=🤮🤮🤮😝😝🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
you want to look for a grass carp specifically, it is the smallest in its size; normally from the rivers; best quality

There is a restaurant in Omaha, Nebraska that specializes in serving carp which by many is considered inedible. They claim to have a special method of "scoring the fish" to let the small bones cook away. They have been in business since the 1930's. Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives made a visit to them a while back. My brother who was quite the fisherman in our youth made a strawberry-banana dough ball recipe to catch carp, more for the sport and release than eating them. To each his own.

Scott

View attachment 47948
Baked Ziti, mashed potatoes and King’s Hawaiian rolls.

View attachment 47948
Baked Ziti, mashed potatoes and King’s Hawaiian rolls.
Three carb foods. You may be able to get away with this now but in ten years you'll pay the price. Just sayin'! To show what a hypocrite I am I will post what I just had: A thick pancake, shredded and fried golden brown with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I had it with fresh blueberries. Actually, it's not high-carb. I used ground oat bran instead of flour and egg content is high. It's a protein-rich, high fiber, low-carb pancake. This was a really late lunch because I was busy earlier and didn't have time for eating. At 2:30pm I almost fell off the twig.

Three carb foods. You may be able to get away with this now but in ten years you'll pay the price. Just sayin'! To show what a hypocrite I am I will post what I just had: A thick pancake, shredded and fried golden brown. Actually, it's not high-carb. I used ground oat bran instead of flour and egg content is high. It's a protein-rich, high fiber, low-carb pancake. I had it with fresh blueberries. This was a really late lunch because I was busy earlier and didn't have time for eating. At 2:30pm I almost fell off the twig.

Wasn’t my choice but it sure was good lol. I hadn’t eaten all day as we have been busy.

Back