What age were you when you got married?

I mean I get the license for legality when it comes to health issues and debts but honestly renewing it every 5 years maybe isn't a bad idea? Might weed a lot of people who shouldn't be married out of the equation.
Gov't should not be involved at all. The tax structure should be based on the individual. I am paying high taxes while the woman next door with five kids is getting thousands back. I am subsidizing her to have kids! And locally, $5000 of my annual property tax is for the schools in my little one-horse town. I have zero kids in school

Gov't should not be involved at all. The tax structure should be based on the individual. I am paying high taxes while the woman next door with five kids is getting thousands back. I am subsidizing her to have kids! And locally, $5000 of my annual property tax is for the schools in my little one-horse town. I have zero kids in school
In some locations in the USA and abroad, commonlaw marriage is a gov’s way of saying that you have no choice in this matter. I believe this kind of proves my point about marriage being only a contract with the state.

We pay $2200 for the healthcare and education of illegals,,,,

I wonder when the majority of the taxpayers will tire of paying for others that make poor life choices?

All that rhetoric aside...

Public education benefits everyone in society not just those with kids in school. You can argue how the money is misused without doubt because govt. is never super well-oiled machine but it is beneficial.

I wonder when the majority of the taxpayers will tire of paying for others that make poor life choices?
Probably when they stop letting politicians decide what's best for them? The amount of people who vote based on party not issue & solution is the problem but politics is a no-no so that's where I will stop.

Public education benefits everyone in society not just those with kids in school. You can argue how the money is misused without doubt because govt. is never super well-oiled machine but it is beneficial.
50 years ago I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you. But no longer. Today we live in a completely different country and society. Public education at present is little more than controlled flight into terrain.

50 years ago I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you. But no longer. Today we live in a completely different country and society. Public education at present is little more than controlled flight into terrain.
My nieces:
Concord-Carlise HS, Bates College, U Washington PhD Oceanography and Chemistry candidate
Concord-Carlise HS, Amherst College

My daughter:
Hamden HS, UT Austin, Long Island University School of Nursing, Pediatric ED Nurse NY Presbyterian Children’s Hospital

My friend Brian:
PS 48 Staten Island, Stuyvesant HS, Yale College BS, Yale University MS Fine Art

I could go on and on with examples. Including kids who graduated in the last five years.

I was really late…ugh 42 😂

So as you can imagine, on our own for the “wedding.” It was in Manhattan. 😧

I felt like my wallet was wide open and everybody was helping themselves 😂

A bunch of my buddies came stag from Boston. One of them pointed out it was $40/night for a rollaway bed and $57/night to park hahahahahahaha

At any rate yes I’d do it again that one time. But not more than once.

Imho there is tremendous pressure in our society to be normal and to be married. It actually is not a totally ideal arrangement and let’s be Frank we all have an idea on the divorce rates so why do they not apply to us?

I did experience my wife leaving me with my son one time. It was a pretty dark feeling. Believe it or not, my work got me through. I was so busy it kept me occupied. She came back in a week like nothing happened.

Live and learn it’s all good 🙂

I could go on and on with examples. Including kids who graduated in the last five years......
I'm sure you could... As could I. The problem is for everyone you give me, there are probably over 1,000 inner city failures that end in disaster. Consumed by drugs, gangs, not to mention a total lack of discipline in the classroom. And an overall high failure rate of public education in general.

As a nation our reading, math, and science scores have been steadily dropping every year for the last several decades. Can you still get a good public school education? Of course you can.

But the overall performance level of our public school system in general, especially in the inner cities, is getting more and more dismal with each passing year. And it seems the more money we throw at it on a per student basis, the worse it gets.

My nieces:
Concord-Carlise HS, Bates College, U Washington PhD Oceanography and Chemistry candidate
Concord-Carlise HS, Amherst College

My daughter:
Hamden HS, UT Austin, Long Island University School of Nursing, Pediatric ED Nurse NY Presbyterian Children’s Hospital

My friend Brian:
PS 48 Staten Island, Stuyvesant HS, Yale College BS, Yale University MS Fine Art

I could go on and on with examples. Including kids who graduated in the last five years.
My cousins and the coach of the Flyers went to the HS of your niece. Doctor doctor nhl coach 😂

I'm sure you could... As could I. The problem is for everyone you give me, there are probably over 1,000 inner city failures that end in disaster. Consumed by drugs, gangs, not to mention a total lack of discipline in the classroom. And an overall high failure rate of public education in general.

As a nation our reading, math, and science scores have been steadily dropping every year for the last several decades. Can you still get a good public school education? Of course you can.

But the overall performance level of our public school system in general, especially in the inner cities, is getting more and more dismal with each passing year. And it seems the more money we throw at it on a per student basis, the worse it gets.
This came to mind. 200 mil is not nothing.

My wife was 17, and me 19 when we met.
We married a year later at age 18, and 20.
She passed away in a car crash last summer after 31 great years of marriage.
I also lost 2 grandchildren, a daughter, and son in law that day.
My children were all grown up and doing their own things, but now I'm raising a granddaughter as my own child, she is a blessing.

This is my problem. I am ready to pursue a relationship and marriage but it really seems like the dating pool is terrible. I choose early on to focus on my career and finances rather than chase women all the time. It seems that most of them only bring a dead end job, kid/kids, and baby daddy drama to the table at this point. Then you add In Snapchat, Instagram and everything else that allows people to talk to 15 different people at once and it’s exhausting.
Ditto, online dating is garbage filled cesspool.

I always figured I could get along with anyone, they had to prove me wrong .

Much of this is why 25% of 40 year olds have never married, the other side wants to trade up as soon as something better comes along.

Odd how the crazy’s can move relationship to relationship.

For me it’s too much like a full time job to date, I honestly don’t have time to instantly respond to 2am text messages or deal with the drama and nonsense.

Now if they paid me to be on dating sites I might consider it, but the pay would have to be pretty high considering it is the worst job I’ve ever had.

And it is depressing and draining, I was a much better person until I experienced 2 years of online dating, I no longer have as positive of a view of other people.

Lots of stupid out there, including folks that are dangerous, be careful

All that rhetoric aside...

If you want to see even more grift, waste and corruption look at the “private school” scene. We have had several shut down for a variety of abuses least of which is scamming .gov out of money .

Good reason to never have government money go to private for profit schools.

Last edited:
online dating is garbage filled cesspool.
Time to fire up your passport.

1688254940322.jpg

courtesy CNN

Back