Well the BMW puked a water pump

Shiny new water pump.
$450 parts
$350 labor
$80 tax/misc
Runs like new again.

View attachment 111788

View attachment 111787
Do you get any discount with them? I buy at local dealership a lot of things as they are prices competitively, but they also give me 15-20% discount.
I changed steering shaft U joint (guy who I gave car to refresh front suspension as I didn’t have time, forgot to tighten subframe bolt and I thought it is U joint) and BMW was cheaper than Auto Zone, AAP and, pay attention, Dorman on Rock Auto!

Your opinion. Many ppl think a lexus, esp the top line, are very smooth. More to smooth than just the engine, bro
Bro, I know very well what is Lexus, and half of them are basically rebadged Toyota with bit of insulation.
Far from smooth, definitely not as smooth as European vehicles of that class.

You cannot take malarky and make a pie. Many ppl might think it is a pie, and you are right there.

Bro, I know very well what is Lexus, and half of them are basically rebadged Toyota with bit of insulation.

You cannot take malarky and make a pie. Many ppl might think it is a pie, and you are right there.
ok you are right. No argument here- it takes a fool to argue with a fool.

I love parachuters who always come and say: but Lexus is smooth, like other cars are not.
We are talking here performance vehicle.
Threads for vehicles going 20mph below speed limit are elsewhere.
LOL- should be a comedian/clown

There are rumors that the Supra will be axed anyway. It doesn’t fit in the long term plan plus numerous issues and recalls have plagued the model.

Well geez.

It is not the fluke. 335?
Those pumps last 60-100k. Depends on your driving pattern. Lots of cuty driving? Shorter life.

While they don’t last past 100k, performance thing they are absolute beast. I actually prefer them on track. They have several operating modes and DME recognizes when you track vehicle and puts pump into overdrive.
Shhhh! Mine is only on its second pump at 246,000

My Lexus GX460 is a Toyota LandCruiser Prado with a 4.6 V8- which is why I like it haha.

Speaking of V6's, I've never felt one smoother than an inline 6, there is an NVH they create that I actually find a bit grating.

The pump is about $200 with shipping and tax from BMW Parts Warehouse online but then you would have downtime waiting on the part, $900 seems like a lot for a waterpump parts and labor.

LOL I dunno what the argument above was, but I own both a BMW and a Lexus. Both are smooth. The BMW is a N54, the Lexus is a 3UZ-FE. Getting into physics, only the BMW has primary balance. But the net net is the 3UZ is smooth as silk. The Lexus has a way lower cd than the E92 BMW, simply because they wanted to do that since 1990. Again, in the real world, frontal area matters, but one doesn't see that in a brochure. I used to say I'm not old enough to have bought another car of the same brand. Now I am old enough, but I'm not a fanboy of any brand. I'd like to think that each vehicle I have is unique by its own right and has some positive attributes. Am I going to live long enough to see the Lexus reach 1 mil. miles like some online? Not likely. Or the BMW 300k? Not likely. I just cannot drive that much, and time is the enemy.

My Lexus GX460 is a Toyota LandCruiser Prado with a 4.6 V8- which is why I like it haha.

Speaking of V6's, I've never felt one smoother than an inline 6, there is an NVH they create that I actually find a bit grating.
That's physics, an inline 6 has primary and secondary balance. I've seen over the years people trying to argue a V6 is as smooth or smoother--I always wondered do they have both in their garage to compare, or just making that up? lol

My LS is a 4.3 V8, it's silky smooth, despite not having primary balance, they are inherently balanced. I've never owned a V12 to compare--that would have primary balance.

That's physics, an inline 6 has primary and secondary balance. I've seen over the years people trying to argue a V6 is as smooth or smoother--I always wondered do they have both in their garage to compare, or just making that up? lol

My LS is a 4.3 V8, it's silky smooth, despite not having primary balance, they are inherently balanced. I've never owned a V12 to compare--that would have primary balance.
That is why V6 could never be used in aviation (I think Robinson used it in helicopters).

That is why V6 could never be used in aviation (I think Robinson used it in helicopters).
tractors as in big rigs are all inline 6, I'm guessing so the power and torque go to doing work, not ways to try to smooth out a rough engine...

Back