Well the BMW puked a water pump

Literally on the way to the dealer for an oil change special. Got the low coolant warning halfway there. Only a few miles away so no problem getting there.

Pull into the shiny clean service entrance and coolant is pouring onto the tile. LOL. Service guy yells out, someone bring a mop! We got a leaker! Couple mechanics walk out with a mop and bucket.

Anyways, dealer was over a week wait so after the oil change took it down the street to the local bmw shop, $900 r&r water pump and it should be done tomorrow. I can’t afford any down time with this car. It’s been great up to this point, hopefully just a fluke.

41126FEB-B80E-48CA-BC54-8BB33B615C80.jpeg

Literally on the way to the dealer for an oil change special. Got the low coolant warning halfway there. Only a few miles away so no problem getting there.

Pull into the shiny clean service entrance and coolant is pouring onto the tile. LOL. Service guy yells out, someone bring a mop! We got a leaker! Couple mechanics walk out with a mop and bucket.

Anyways, dealer was over a week wait so after the oil change took it down the street to the local bmw shop, $900 r&r water pump and it should be done tomorrow. I can’t afford any down time with this car. It’s been great up to this point, hopefully just a fluke.

View attachment 111552
Omg that shop is insanely clean! Beautiful car! (y)

View attachment 111552
It is not the fluke. 335?
Those pumps last 60-100k. Depends on your driving pattern. Lots of cuty driving? Shorter life.

While they don’t last past 100k, performance thing they are absolute beast. I actually prefer them on track. They have several operating modes and DME recognizes when you track vehicle and puts pump into overdrive.

My 2001 hyundai sonata v6. 160k. Original water pump. And so many other original parts you wouldn’t believe me.
Your Sonata doesn’t have electric pump that can lower temperature temperature to 70c on track on demand. It is water pump designed first and foremost with performance in mind.

Back