Walmart Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a buddy with a Dodge Dart SXT 2.0L 2013, same car as mine except with leather interior and its puke green (not the awesome Header Orange of mine :!)

Regardless, he didn't have time to do an oil change on his own, so he picked up a think of Valvoline Synpower 0w20 and K&N 1017 Oil Filter (33.99$ OC special at AAP)

Anywho, he paid at walmart, where if you pick up and bring in your own oil, the cost of oilchange goes down to 8-12$
(from what ive seen here, 0w20 oilchanges at walmart are almost non existant, youre going to get 5w20 or 5w30 synthetic on the 'normal walmart synthetic OC')

gets in the car, drives back to post, said his car felt different. Checked the oil, clean oil so someone did their oil change but it was 1qt low. looked in the trunk, and bam, his bottle of synpower with 4 qts missing and 1 qt left in the jug.

FWIW, the 2.0 has a 5QT sump. Someone doesn't know what theyre doing!

He called the store and the TLE Service manager told him "Yeah man, its a 4CYL engine, only takes 4QTS!"

Obviously, anywhere you look and ponder on the internet, and in the owners manual in Fluid Capacities, it states the oil capacity is 5 Qts, 0w20.

Remember this the next time you trust someone else changing your oil.

Check the filter as well. Ive heard from other people that they've brought a pureone/K&N/D+/M1/ any other more expensive filter to TLE, and the service people have instead put the normal TLE filter on it (Puro Classic) and have pocketed the more expensive filter (more than likely to take back to an auto parts store and return it for $$) and rang it up as if they used the filter the customer brought.

Shady stuff. Good thing if I ever am paralyzed/unable to do an oilchange myself, the local walmarts don't carry the Purolator or fram filters for my car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Good thing if I ever am paralyzed/unable to do an oilchange myself, the local walmarts don't carry the Purolator or fram filters for my car.

Now that's a true BITOGer! When thinking about the possibility of paralyzation, his foremost thought is of not getting screwed over by the Walmart TLE!

At Wal-Mart, if it's not in the computer, it does not exist!

If it's in the computer wrong, then that is the right way! They go by what the computer says.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear this. Your buddy needs to call the Walmart Corporate Office as soon as possible and report this matter. Try 1-479-277-1830 or 1-479-273-4000. Maybe one phone call will take care of the problem. I believe a lot more will happen if you call the Corporate Office.

I'm still trying to figure how being 1 qt low will make the car feel different. Maybe the paranoia of letting Wally World change his oil got the best of him.

Anytime my vehicles are serviced by anyone other then myself, I always go back and check over the work.

This place needs a like button.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I would tell Wal Mart "Don't touch my Dart......"

I ran into the same Idiot Schtick at the Monro in Danvers, Mass.

They don't care what you tell them, or what the manufacturer's manual says, because they know what they know.

So the manual for my Ford clearly states that the engine oil capacity is 5.5 quarts, but the idiots at Monro know that ALL 6 cyl. engines take 6 quarts.

Hope your buddy learned that having anyone at Wal-Mart touch your car was a stupid idea to begin with.

He called the store and the TLE Service manager told him "Yeah man, its a 4CYL engine, only takes 4QTS!"

I was told by a co-worker at my tire store that small cars torqued lugs to 80 ft lbs, full size cars 100, and trucks 125.

She also gunned 'em on real good, then clicked the torque wrench (without it moving) and seemed satisfied at her handiwork.

Always check the wheels & tires, inside and out, before moving your car, when picking it up from service at Walmart.

Many years ago one of my employees took his F150 to Walmart for an oil change. When he got the car home, he checked it out and found the wheels had been scrubbed on the inside. It appeared that they had hit their lift. He took his truck back and showed them. They insisted that he must have done it, as they knew they had not.

This is one of the reasons I change my own oil. I get to choose and see whats going in. Even my local shop that I use once put 5w30 in my Accord, I made them go back and put 5w20 in...but really, who knows. They probably just left it as is, good thing it was during the summer.

Edit: this was before my BITOG days of course.

Last edited:
Someone doesn't know what theyre doing!

He called the store and the TLE Service manager told him "Yeah man, its a 4CYL engine, only takes 4QTS!

I had the opposite happen to me at a Chevy dealership (no longer in business btw) about 20 years ago. I brought my new Lumina in for the first "free" 5000 mile oil change and inspection. After I picked it up and drove it home (only about 2 miles in town) I checked the oil in my driveway. The oil level was way over the full mark and 1/4 of the way up the dipstick and lightly discolored. The dimwit service tech forgot to drain the old oil before changing the filter and adding the new oil. As it was a Saturday when this happened the service department was off so I spoke to a sales manager. He told me "I know having the oil too low is bad but I've never heard of having a problem with the oil too high", and advised me to just drive it until Monday when they could drain it.

I kept the car parked until Monday morning, when I was able to talk to a service manager and have them pick it up.

I took my old POS beater Volvo. The car was difficult to say the least to get to the oil filter. It had 289k miles and was in good running condition but everything beyond the engine and tranny was falling apart.

Don't get me wrong, the car had an amazing bright white paint job. The car didn't look like a beater but it was.

Anyways I went down their and the called me in and said the car was leaking oil. I told them "yes, I'm aware of this" guy ran his finger over the oil pan and showed it to me again.

Couldn't figure out what they where getting at. Later when I went to pick up the keys the gentlemen told me they will not service the vehicle anymore.

I was kinda puzzled and told them iv brought it to them for years. He said he knows and that they just don't want to be associated with vehicles like that.

I took this a little offensively at first since the car didn't look bad at all.

They actually went threw the trouble to ban the car on their system. Not just that store but EVERY store. The man told me this.

Would have never thought a person making minimum wage would have the nerve to say a car doesn't "meet their standereds to service".

I can go to any ma&pa shop and they will gladly service my car with a smile.

After that iv lost all respect for Walmart.

But hey, they threw in a free air filter.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I took my old POS beater Volvo. The car was difficult to say the least to get to the oil filter. It had 289k miles and was in good running condition but everything beyond the engine and tranny was falling apart.

Don't get me wrong, the car had an amazing bright white paint job. The car didn't look like a beater but it was.

Anyways I went down their and the called me in and said the car was leaking oil. I told them "yes, I'm aware of this" guy ran his finger over the oil pan and showed it to me again.

Couldn't figure out what they where getting at. Later when I went to pick up the keys the gentlemen told me they will not service the vehicle anymore.

I was kinda puzzled and told them iv brought it to them for years. He said he knows and that they just don't want to be associated with vehicles like that.

I took this a little offensively at first since the car didn't look bad at all.

They actually went threw the trouble to ban the car on their system. Not just that store but EVERY store. The man told me this.

Would have never thought a person making minimum wage would have the nerve to say a car doesn't "meet their standereds to service".

I can go to any ma&pa shop and they will gladly service my car with a smile.

After that iv lost all respect for Walmart.

But hey, they threw in a free air filter.

Just wow...

Remember this the next time you trust someone else changing your oil.

There's never gonna be a next time. I trust no one but myself with oil changes.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Good thing if I ever am paralyzed/unable to do an oilchange myself, the local walmarts don't carry the Purolator or fram filters for my car.

Now that's a true BITOGer! When thinking about the possibility of paralyzation, his foremost thought is of not getting screwed over by the Walmart TLE!

crackmeup2.gif

........take your car in they said
IT'D BE FUN THEY SAID
THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING THEY SAID
ITS COST EFFECTIVE THEY SAID

.....next time I entertain the idea of taking my car in
5940114b57a48c126522c65b6fb0936a900871a0fa482eafabb9e9af07412764.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back