Thing I saw at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the Walmart return an item . There a young man right in front of me return a K&N oil filter . The girl open the box and I note it’s a super tech oil filter . The girl was proceeded the returning process . After finish The young guy walk back with a smile on his face …

I told the girl the filter is not belong to that box . The girl say “ oh “ ….

Anyway that kinda irritate me . Mabe there a 2 side of story for the young man , mabe he bought it like that . But at the same time if you work on car and buy a oil filter 99% of time you will open the box for inspect …

I was at the Walmart return an item . There a young man right in front of me return a K&N oil filter . The girl open the box and I note it’s a super tech oil filter . The girl was proceeded the returning process . After finish The young guy walk back with a smile on his face …

Anyway that kinda irritate me . Mabe there a 2 side of story for the young man , mabe he bought it like that . But at the same time if you work on car and buy a oil filter 99% of time you will open the box for inspect …
That guy is the victim..some theif is at home with the K&N filter in the SuperTech box

After finish The young guy walk back with a smile on his face …
Seems like you're implying that the two of them pulled a minor scam. But over $10 ? I really doubt it... Maybe he was happy that the return process wasn't a pain in the rear.

Our filter section is in such disarray you can't find your filter if you tried.
True that!

To see some real chaos, check out the air filter and cabin air filter shelves.... Totally random. After searching for my filter for several minutes, I decided to bite the bullet and spend the extra money (and save the extra time spent searching) and bought one at Autozone.

Our Walmart has opened Fram Ultra boxes all the time…the have SuperTech or Cheap orange Fram filters inside.

The “switcheroo”
I look for this as well. Fram Ultra is ONLY one with tape.

Many EGs in a TG box, box ripped out. The 9688 sometimes they aren't in stock. I selected a TG (Tough guard) over an XG (Ultra) once for this reason.

It takes some gall, but it could also be done with sneakers or shoes.

The Walmart employee as far as I know isn't paid to ask questions, verify, or deny returns. Only to make the customer happy.

So next up: Used motor oil.. they may not look for a sealed cap...

Our filter section is in such disarray you can't find your filter if you tried.

Issue is that it usually is not there to find.. I can quick scan all the boxes, bypassing cartridge filters of course, and see if what I need is there.

Walmart and Amazon, 95% of things. If you can't find it there (specialty auto part? Concerns about genuine on Amazon?) then off to to store to pay several orders of magnitude higher you go.

20220823_085034.jpg

Seems like you're implying that the two of them pulled a minor scam. But over $10 ? I really doubt it...

There was a time... now, it happens.

I still think that WM needs to make sure all the filter boxes are sealed when placed on the shelf along with a sign stating "you open it, you bought it" I wont buy anything anywhere that is in an opened box, been burnt too many times including a TV that didnt work and just happened to have someone elses driver license etched in the back of it.

way back when Pennzoil had codes on the caps for the rebate (I forget how it worked but I bought gas for 39 cents/gal like I got $3/off per gal--shell gas rebate from Pennzoil). I got 2 5 qt jugs of Pennzoil and it was dirty motor oil, from Walmart. I was so angry I said I want a refund this is used motor oil. I remember the clerk not caring but then again why should she. Pennzoil is notorious for not having an inner seal. Not only did I get 2 jugs with dirty oil, the other 2 were opened and codes used already. I returned it all and ordered from amazon and no issues. There are some things I need Walmart for like Dot 3 and lawnmower motor oil, R 134, etc., meaning some things that are reasonable and without total gouge fest. But otherwise, I'd rather avoid Walmart and go to Costco.

I purchase my oil filters on Amazon, I'm the same way, open the box and verify it's the correct filter, and not a used oil filter. So far, no issues. The price of a wix xp is 3.00 less than O'Reilly.

Whenever I find the wrong filter, I just leave the box open next to the filter on the shelf. I’ve even found a used filter on the shelf. A MC FL400S I believe? Not even a high dollar filter.

Typically it’s not even the cross referenced filter they swap out. Always good to check.

I brought 6 opened Ultra boxes with other filters in them to the automotive counter once and told them these were not the correct filters in the box. Girl there said that it happens all the time, she used to check the shelves, but was a never ending battle. She said they send them back to the warehouse if they find them.

I wish Fram (and all filter makers) would put the clear plastic back on the boxes so you could see without opening the box.
Bosch used to have boxes made completely of clear plastic, very easy to verify what is in the box.

Not really an issue for me, I now only buy ST or orange can Fram (except for my Santa Fe, OEM is cheaper than aftermaret), so don't really have to worry about it (although I still open the box and check, you just never know what is in an unsealed box).

Better yet, the cashier checks bags and boxes to make sure there is nothing hidden inside; simply open the box to make sure the customer is getting what's on the oil filter box marking. I buy the FU7317 and TG7317 in bulk and we always open all up at the counter to make sure it is what it says is inside. Too bad they don't punish people for theft like they do in Turkey. Now I remember why my grandparents loved living there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back