Thing I saw at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy is the victim..some theif is at home with the K&N filter in the SuperTech box
If I had to guess that it the most likely scenario, someone swapped the filters out in the store and then bought the more expensive k&n but at the st price, the person returning the filter was the unlucky individual who ended up with it.

If I know that I'm going to buy the filter I'll cut open the box and look at it, I don't really know what good it does but I do get to visually inspect the filter for damage and the condition of the o'ring which makes me feel a lot better than by purchasing some random filter in a box that I know absolutely nothing about. I guess it's the same as when buying filters online you don't get to inspect them first.

I brought 6 opened Ultra boxes with other filters in them to the automotive counter once and told them these were not the correct filters in the box. Girl there said that it happens all the time, she used to check the shelves, but was a never ending battle. She said they send them back to the warehouse if they find them.

I wish Fram (and all filter makers) would put the clear plastic back on the boxes so you could see without opening the box.
Bosch used to have boxes made completely of clear plastic, very easy to verify what is in the box.

Not really an issue for me, I now only buy ST or orange can Fram (except for my Santa Fe, OEM is cheaper than aftermaret), so don't really have to worry about it (although I still open the box and check, you just never know what is in an unsealed box).
I wish they’d just shrink wrap the filters with no box. It would put a stop to this nonsense.

Whenever I find the wrong filter, I just leave the box open next to the filter on the shelf. I’ve even found a used filter on the shelf. A MC FL400S I believe? Not even a high dollar filter.

Typically it’s not even the cross referenced filter they swap out. Always good to check.
I did the same thing . I leave the box open for next person to see

I’ve always opened and checked since I bought a filter years ago that didn’t have threads cut in it.

Better yet, the cashier checks bags and boxes to make sure there is nothing hidden inside; simply open the box to make sure the customer is getting what's on the oil filter box marking. I buy the FU7317 and TG7317 in bulk and we always open all up at the counter to make sure it is what it says is inside. Too bad they don't punish people for theft like they do in Turkey. Now I remember why my grandparents loved living there.

The varmints bypass the checker and use the self checkouts.

Why is Walmart such a trash magnet?
It’s not any different from any other store
265 million people a week (globally) walk into Walmart stores, there will always be a news story for the media to publish with that huge volume of people.
I’m the USA 90% of the population live within 10 miles of a store.

How large? USA Walmart employs 1,5 million people alone.
Certainly plenty of news to report for advertising revenue/click bait.

Last edited:
265 million people a week (globally) walk into Walmart stores, there will always be a news story for the media to publish with that huge volume of people.
I’m the USA 90% of the population live within 10 miles of a store
He’s got a point IMO, and while not all Walmarts are trashy A LOT of them are. The last place I lived had a Walmart and a Meijer right across from each other. The Walmart always seemed to attract less than desirable attention and generally had a cop parked out front. Even where I live now, the Walmart attracts far FAR more negative attention.

Earlier this summer there was a small group of kids that came into the store, sprayed flammable liquid on clothing and lit them on fire. Then they ran out. That caused quite the panic.

This was a Macys store. You just never know these days.

At Wal-Mart I always check the inside if the clear circular tape seal is broken on any Fram oil filter box. I can't count the times I've opened a box with a broken seal, and found an orange can Fram filter inside a Ultra Synthetic box. It's nothing more than a less risky form of shoplifting.

And my Wal-Mart makes it even easier, by keeping the same type of filters all together on the shelf next to each other.

I’m the USA 90% of the population live within 10 miles of a store.

How large? USA Walmart employs 1,5 million people alone.
Certainly plenty of news to report for advertising revenue/click bait.
It's weird. I can go inside any grocery chain in town, and then into Walmart. The grocery store can be in the middle of the worst part of town, and all is normal. The Walmart can be in the most upscale part of town and it's always a freak show. Walmart is honestly the only store I carry when I go inside to shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back