Walmart Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: babbittd
I ran into the same Idiot Schtick at the Monro in Danvers, Mass.

They don't care what you tell them, or what the manufacturer's manual says, because they know what they know.

So the manual for my Ford clearly states that the engine oil capacity is 5.5 quarts, but the idiots at Monro know that ALL 6 cyl. engines take 6 quarts.

I had a 4.3 Caprice that only took FOUR quarts! Would that have made their heads explode?

He went to Walmart and expected good service? Sorry, that's your buddy's fault.

And yet they said I was overqualified.

I won't type it out again - but there was the time my car was held hostage on the lift, for 3 hours, with no wheels or tires and they refused to touch it.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series

Would have never thought a person making minimum wage would have the nerve to say a car doesn't "meet their standereds to service".

What makes you think he was working for minimum wage?

With that said, I'm 70 years young, I have owned cars since the age of 15, no one other than myself has ever changed oil in any of my cars over the years. This even holds true while in the Army stationed in Washington, D.C.

Originally Posted By: jcwit

Would have never thought a person making minimum wage would have the nerve to say a car doesn't "meet their standereds to service".

+2
mad.gif

If you're too cool to work on your car why judge others?

I personally know no one who works for Wal-Mart.

But you know, it gets pretty tiresome noting folks referring to Wal-Mart Employees and their customers as almost sub-humans.

But others need to realize that Wal-Mart did not get to be the largest retail business in the world with bad employees and bad management.

Last edited:
This is why we have problems with Wal-Mart..

abj8l2.jpg

This was a transmission filter, the tech tried to remove it instead of the oil filter, punched a hole in it, then did not inform me or replace the filter...

Bill was 14K $$

Would you not have informed them of the tranny filter before hand, I always let any mechanic know of anything such as this.

Never take anything for granted, and never assume anything, to do either of them is folly.

It was red, it had a warning label on it, and the tech obviously realized that this was not the oil filter.

Compounding the error was not replacing it, he did not have to tell me they attempted to remove the wrong filter...

With that said, I'm 70 years young, I have owned cars since the age of 15, no one other than myself has ever changed oil in any of my cars over the years. This even holds true while in the Army stationed in Washington, D.C.

Realistically I know they where not making minimum wage, I was simply using it as a contrast. Walmart isn't know to be high, or luxury service by any means.

I could understand if I took a '74 rust bucket ford with 3 different paints to a mercedes benz car lot/garage where it could hurt their business.

But this was a Walmart. Their known to be cheap service and to simply denied a to change oil on a car that has went to that same Walmart for over 5 years because it leaks oil is uncalled for.

Realistically I know they where not making minimum wage, I was simply using it as a contrast. Walmart isn't know to be high, or luxury service by any means.

I could understand if I took a '74 rust bucket ford with 3 different paints to a mercedes benz car lot/garage where it could hurt their business.

But this was a Walmart. Their known to be cheap service and to simply denied a to change oil on a car that has went to that same Walmart for over 5 years because it leaks oil is uncalled for.

WM employees are, of course, cogs in a large system and the manager on duty probably read a memo that week about "OMG this beater with an engine half in the grave visited our store 1000 miles away, we changed the oil, it threw a rod, and we owe the guy $4000 now. Deny work on clunkers."

I worked briefly in a tire shop and we had to save the o-ring gaskets from old oil filters in a (greasy) file cabinet, stapled to work orders, to prove we actually changed filters and didn't double gasket them. Paranoia from on high motivates those you encounter, don't hate the players, hate the system.

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
This is why we have problems with Wal-Mart..

abj8l2.jpg

This was a transmission filter, the tech tried to remove it instead of the oil filter, punched a hole in it, then did not inform me or replace the filter...

Bill was 14K $$

I'd like to know what exactly cost $14K to fix on a Saturn.

But in the end with a doubt it was in fact their call.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
It was red, it had a warning label on it, and the tech obviously realized that this was not the oil filter.

Compounding the error was not replacing it, he did not have to tell me they attempted to remove the wrong filter...

Actually I'd say "obviously" the tech DID NOT know it was not the oil filter.

Yes, I know. I don't blame them. The car could have left that place went 3 blocks and blew up and I would how rested my head for a second been a little depressed and said it was a good run. The car had a full life and I knew it was on borrowed time the way it was. But I definitely understand where you are coming from. And it makes since just I had it done there for so often it was a little degrading.

But like I said they threw in a free air filter that I didn't even ask for. I don't blame them it was just..

The car was always there for me never let me down. When I finally replaced it and scraped it it felt like I lost a family member.

The car was always there for me never let me down. When I finally replaced it and scraped it it felt like I lost a family member.

WOW! I've never felt that way about an inanimate object.

No, its just hard to explain.. I had the car from 120k-289k miles paid 2k for it back in 06 I believe. In the years iv had it only thing that broke down was a starter. Beyond that the car refused to die.

Even with 289k miles I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it and drive a 3k mile round trip.

The people working at Walmart make more money and have the option of profit sharing than the people at Target. And they have better health benefits.

Think of that next time you say Target is 'better'.

No, its just hard to explain.. I had the car from 120k-289k miles paid 2k for it back in 06 I believe. In the years iv had it only thing that broke down was a starter. Beyond that the car refused to die.

Even with 289k miles I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it and drive a 3k mile round trip.

I wonder if you gave them an attitude when they were trying to show you the oil leak on that pan, and there is more to the story, perhaps there were other things that made it risky for them to risk servicing it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back