Great Walmart Visit

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I had to go for prescriptions and dreaded it. The pharmacy was closed for 30 minutes.

So I walked around and helped a guy pick out a new TV. I told him some things about his choice and he couldn't stop thanking me.
Met some guys in the pharmacy line and we had some good conversations.

Talked to several others and it was a very pleasant experience.
Checked out the oil section and shot the bull with some car guys and turned them onto BITOG....

Not my normal Walmart experience.

People always see me with my dealership hat on or my tool hats and they ask if I’m a mechanic and can I help them find something for their car cause the useless employees can’t 😂. Walmart needs to pay me lol. I’ve talked cars and tools with people there many of times. I used to like Walmart when I was a kid but now it’s boring to me haha. I do like helping people though. I’ve also helped people in the parking lot when they have broken down.

People always see me with my dealership hat on or my tool hats and they ask if I’m a mechanic and can I help them find something for their car cause the useless employees can’t 😂. Walmart needs to pay me lol. I’ve talked cars and tools with people there many of times. I used to like Walmart when I was a kid but now it’s boring to me haha. I do like helping people though. I’ve also helped people in the parking lot when they have broken down.
Yeah I agree. I work by myself and I like being social when I am out. I like being able to help people if I can.
The other night I was at a sub shop and this little lady...very tiny and about 80 years old was overwhelmed by the crowd on a Friday night and people were butting in front of her.

I pushed her through the crowd and made sure she was waited on and she really needed that.
It made my day....

Yeah I agree. I work by myself and I like being social when I am out. I like being able to help people if I can.
The other night I was at a sub shop and this little lady...very tiny and about 80 years old was overwhelmed by the crowd on a Friday night and people were butting in front of her.

I pushed her through the crowd and made sure she was waited on and she really needed that.
It made my day....

Isn't that how it is? We help others because we want them to feel good, to be protected, and to make their life better. But in the end, it always leaves the person giving service, feeling good also. I guess that is our reward. At least here, in this life.

Isn't that how it is? We help others because we want them to feel good, to be protected, and to make their life better. But in the end, it always leaves the person giving service, feeling good also. I guess that is our reward. At least here, in this life.
Yes... absolutely so.
Great post!

Had some of the best interactions with strangers at the auto section of big box retailers and auto parts stores car parks, as well as hardware stores. Remember an interaction with a VW Golf owner. Car was misbehaving. Rear lights bugging. Some contact spray on the bulb socked resolved the issue. He couldn't believe it. Was so happy offered me some concert tickets.

I guess if helping others and feeling good about is a result, yes I am selfish. Particular in these days of unwarranted conflict, aggression and isolation.

You made my day Sir!!
Thank you 💕
I’ll admit last time I was at Wal Mart; when I cleaned them out of rotella t5; no one in automotive helped me, a greeter on break DID help me though. Later that day I saw man near church that helps way less fortunate folks out with food, clothes etc.

I gave him my box of supposed to be goodwill stuff and some tuna, other perishables. You would have thought he won lotto 😍😍

I made the mistake of going to Walmart wearing Khaki pants and dark blue polo shirt.

About 12 people asking me for help, price check, need out of stock item, etc….

Store manager saw me and thought I was a new employee without my name tag.

Just got back because I buy their flavored water for $0.78. A woman shouted, "Where's the bread!? Before I could answer, she wheeled off, "Oh you don't work here."

Oddly, it was deserted and have never seen it like that. If I had gone to the Costco, there would have been long lines and people dressed for the beach, moving at half speed or less. It seems as if people are society en masse is movin' on up, as far as where they shop.

I made the mistake of going to Walmart wearing Khaki pants and dark blue polo shirt.

About 12 people asking me for help, price check, need out of stock item, etc….

Store manager saw me and thought I was a new employee without my name tag.
amazing I'm wearing a dark blue Nike Golf Dri Fit, that's why I had the same experience today...I almost signed up a nice couple for Comcast cable and I encouraged 3 people to open up a rewards Visa

Back