I hate Walmart....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andrewg

I find it highly annoying that folks with your attitude are the cause of such poor service never being improved. The CUSTOMER (the marketplace) can and does decide if poor customer service is worth saving a buck or two. Apparently to you, and many others, it is. If customers expected and demanded MORE from an employee at Walmart to know their job and provide better service, it WOULD happen. But alas....it's obvious that many in this country accept sub-par service in favor of saving a buck. It's those customers that allow Walmart to thrive.
Personally, I expect more from a business that gets my money. That's one of the reasons I don't like to shop in such a place. The attitude that you expressed right here..."....just buy the stuff and be glad it is cheap"....is about as annoying as fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Well said, as was your post immediately after.

I can't understand why a business like Walmart can't keep their shelves stocked.
You would think they'd make more money if the products were available to buy.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I can't understand why a business like Walmart can't keep their shelves stocked.

Ever work as a Procurement Officer for a large corporation?

Originally Posted By: jcwit

Everybody's into this "just in time" nonsense.

John

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Spazdog
5 quarts of Mobil Super 5000 is $14.17 @ WalMart
5.1 quarts of Mobil Super 5000 is $24.99 @ PepBoys.

That extra 1/10th of a quart is pricey. That's why I buy at WalMart.

The 5+ quart jug of Valvoline Maxlife at Oreilly is $30.00!!!! Compare that to the $16 the 5 quart is at Walmart. That +5th of a quart must be made out of gold or something,lordy!

Yep!

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: JustinH
What is annoying is the people who expect good customer service at a walmart.

They have been around long enough for you to know that you won't get good service at all, just buy the stuff and be glad that it is cheap.

I find it highly annoying that folks with your attitude are the cause of such poor service never being improved. The CUSTOMER (the marketplace) can and does decide if poor customer service is worth saving a buck or two. Apparently to you, and many others, it is. If customers expected and demanded MORE from an employee at Walmart to know their job and provide better service, it WOULD happen. But alas....it's obvious that many in this country accept sub-par service in favor of saving a buck. It's those customers that allow Walmart to thrive.
Personally, I expect more from a business that gets my money. That's one of the reasons I don't like to shop in such a place. The attitude that you expressed right here..."....just buy the stuff and be glad it is cheap"....is about as annoying as fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

As someone who works in retail (I hope not much longer), it has nothing to do with service, just Profit! For the few of you who actually care about the service, they simply hit up their marketing department, and just replace you with another 20 people willing to spend.

True Story!

It's called clueless managers who cannot to their job right. We have a local walmart just like that....

Walmart is a love hate relationship for me.
I have few walmarts in my area, they are awful at best. Once I get into suburbs they are much nicer. It's hard to generalize Walmart employees, that's nothing but luck and demographic. The nicest Walmart I have ever been to was in Kalispell, MT. The inside was so clean one could eat off of it. The people and employees were extremely nice and helpful. Everyone in that town was super nice and helpful.

As much as I want to hate Walmart, they are the only store with oil, batteries, contact lens solution, coolant, light bulbs, and whatever else you can think of that is open at 2 a.m.
Also, this is my speculation, but I think every Walmart has a importance number attached to it, so some may get better employees, maybe cleaner etc.

Walmart has the best Supply Chain Management on the planet, they have lots of satellites and actually have real time reporting of sales on every item. The U.S. military commissioned Walmart to teach them their "secrets"

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
5 quarts of Mobil Super 5000 is $14.17 @ WalMart
5.1 quarts of Mobil Super 5000 is $24.99 @ PepBoys.

I don't buy oil at auto parts chains or at WM at regular price, I buy only when it is on sale with/without coupon(s) or when it's on clearance.

Just bought 2 oil changes Mobil Super and Proline cartridge oil filter for $15 each oil change, and get 2 free Lucas fuel injector cleaners. The regular price of Proline cartridge oil filter is $11.99, total regular price was more than $80.

The Proline cartridge oil filter is identical to Purolator classic filter, both are made in China and same price.

To save time when shopping for oil or ATF or anything at Walmart or any chain, I usually look online to see which store(s) has what I need, then call to confirm and have them hold it before driving there to pick up.

I can't understand why a business like Walmart can't keep their shelves stocked. You would think they'd make more money if the products were available to buy.

That nonsense is definitely intentional up here. Why have a boatload of rollback VWB 5 quart jugs at $9.88 when we Canadians are dumb enough to pony up $50 for a jug of M1?

Gentlemen: The last days of customer service left town somewhere in the 60s or 70s. The old fashion store clerk probably left town in the late 50s or at least by 1966. Yes shopping at Walmart is a joke. At 7.50 an hour on the registers in Chattanooga, what do you think... Just ask them in the mens department if they hem up slacks,,lmao, they do not know what that is.....Most department stores in the 60s did, but not know,,,,as time goes by.......

Originally Posted By: jcwit

In the late 90's/early 00's, Walmart prided themselves in their inventory control. They knew when each item was running low, would automagically order them and have them on hand before the shelves ran bare. I worked for a vendor that supplied WalMart and they were far ahead of themselves back then. Shame how they have fallen.

I'm in very NWNJ, old farming land, now becoming suburban. There is a Walmart across the street from where I work. I can honestly say this Walmart is decent in keeping the shelves stocked and having helpful employees. They updated it several years ago and it still is nice. Ironically their pharmacy is the only one around that can get a particular medication I need on a regular basis. Even the CVS chain of drug stores can not get this medication. I find that the best time to shop there is when they open at 7 am. I'm in and out without lines. The weekends is the worst time to go, as with any retail establishment. I even bought shorts there this summer, they were brand names and a lot less expensive than department stores.

Every retail store location is different. I work for a large home center big box store and know there is differences between stores.

Whimsey

Quote:
it's obvious that many in this country accept sub-par service in favor of saving a buck.

So true. I really don't like that attitude and resist shopping at Walmart, or any place else that doesn't offer good service. I vote with my dollars, and much to my wife's chagrin, don't end up paying much more for it.

As far as Walmart's empty shelves, there have been several stories in the news lately about their employee shortages. Their inventory system works perfectly, but they lack the personnel to get the items out on the shelves - much of their stock is sitting in the back, waiting to be on the track.

So it's the "efficiency" of paying meager wages and then underemploying that causes this?

No, I think its more the attitude of this coming generation, after all it is an entry level job.

I was in WalMart a couple of days ago and listened to one of the stockers tell another, "I do what I'm told and nothing else." Tells a lot about what his future holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back