Think before you change your friends oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You proceed with the oil change while the chicks stand by watching (in my imagination they are all wearing Bikinis)" Spitty

UUUh,, not ALL women need to be seen in bikinis!

Bob

I help a couple of my older neighbors with oil changes and minor stuff. It's the least I can do. Older people than me have a tough time in this world. It's sometimes little things. A couple of years ago we rebuilt a house and yard for an old lady and the look on here face was payment in full. One neighbor came to me with an estimate of $3k to get an older car back in shape. I looked the car over and acted as a general contractor so to speak and got it all done for $750. Every day you should pause in your important life and do some little thing and do it just because it will make you feel good, nothing big just some little thing. Taking payment will take away your enjoyment of the moment. Don't expect anyone to thank you. Most people are far to important to be bothered with anything beyond their interest. I will continue to change oil for a few neighbors. I even have some bulk oil that I use for just that. I also check tire pressure and flush brake systems and cooling system for some of the older people nearby. I'm 72 and one of the ladies is 90 and she baked me a pie and my wife thinks she has a crush on me, told me to be careful (lol). I have since received a quilt and a Dutch Chocolate cake, my favorite. The quilt is beautiful and all hand stitched. Changing oil has its benefits.

Quote:
Every day you should pause in your important life and do some little thing and do it just because it will make you feel good, nothing big just some little thing.

Well, I do it anyway ..and maybe I feel good about it.
Goodwill is a commodity that's not worth much if you keep it to yourself.

Quote:
Don't expect anyone to thank you.

I usually say "pass it on" hoping it sticks.

Originally Posted By: BarkerMan
I help a couple of my older neighbors with oil changes and minor stuff. It's the least I can do. Older people than me have a tough time in this world. It's sometimes little things. A couple of years ago we rebuilt a house and yard for an old lady and the look on here face was payment in full. One neighbor came to me with an estimate of $3k to get an older car back in shape. I looked the car over and acted as a general contractor so to speak and got it all done for $750. Every day you should pause in your important life and do some little thing and do it just because it will make you feel good, nothing big just some little thing. Taking payment will take away your enjoyment of the moment. Don't expect anyone to thank you. Most people are far to important to be bothered with anything beyond their interest. I will continue to change oil for a few neighbors. I even have some bulk oil that I use for just that. I also check tire pressure and flush brake systems and cooling system for some of the older people nearby. I'm 72 and one of the ladies is 90 and she baked me a pie and my wife thinks she has a crush on me, told me to be careful (lol). I have since received a quilt and a Dutch Chocolate cake, my favorite. The quilt is beautiful and all hand stitched. Changing oil has its benefits.

A neighbor everyone would love to have.. Bravo sir.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back