Vroom offer

I saw this thread and figured I'd offer my current experience. I initiated a sale with Vroom due to them offering $5k more than the other big options. I didn't like their sales process as much from reading the description but $5k is hard to pass up.

They picked up my car yesterday (well an independent driver did) and they have "initiated my payment". So I'm in the worst part of the process where i have no car and no money. I will report back if they steal my car. Not that this seems likely since they aren't some tiny startup company.

Overall the process has been easy. Customer service answers right away and is usually helpful. My only complaint is that it took 10 days for them to book my car carrier but with the state of everything i can image that isn't as easy as it once was.

I saw this thread and figured I'd offer my current experience. I initiated a sale with Vroom due to them offering $5k more than the other big options. I didn't like their sales process as much from reading the description but $5k is hard to pass up.

They picked up my car yesterday (well an independent driver did) and they have "initiated my payment". So I'm in the worst part of the process where i have no car and no money. I will report back if they steal my car. Not that this seems likely since they aren't some tiny startup company.

Overall the process has been easy. Customer service answers right away and is usually helpful. My only complaint is that it took 10 days for them to book my car carrier but with the state of everything i can image that isn't as easy as it once was.

That's pretty much what my son went through with them, except it took nearly a month due to a reschedule of pick up that could not be avoided. He did get his check in the end. Having sold several cars to Carmax myself it was definitely way more hassle but in the end he got more money for it.

That's pretty much what my son went through with them, except it took nearly a month due to a reschedule of pick up that could not be avoided. He did get his check in the end. Having sold several cars to Carmax myself it was definitely way more hassle but in the end he got more money for it.
I totally prefer the Carvana process over the Vroom one. We've sold 5 cars to them. If the offers were within $1k of each other I would have gone with Carvana and taken the loss. They sum up the whole deal right there and you're good. Feels better as the customer.

Friend's son's 2019 Nissan Frontier 4WD 4.0l w/~37K. Bought as a new demo w/1,200 miles. MONEY STILL OWED ON IT.

Can someone in his position sell the truck to one of these outfits? I'd assume HE'D have to pay it off and get the release-from-lien.
Then he'd forward that to the buyer?
Might he even save money paying off his loan early?
Being he's in Eastern Mass, is one company better than the other?

Carvana will buy it and pay you any equity. Or in the case you owe more than it's worth you essentially pay them to take it away. Sounds crazy but i had done that on a lease i want to get out of. I paid them $400 to drive it away. It was a case where i was happy to pay them to be out of that commitment.

At some point this crazy car market is going to crash hard. I say sell while you can as long as you have a vehicle you can drive.

At some point this crazy car market is going to crash hard. I say sell while you can as long as you have a vehicle you can drive.
It will. But new car production isn't going back to normal until 12 to 24 months. As long as the new car supply is limited used cars will continue to be expensive!

My wife and I are looking at a Lexus model right now that is in stock at a lot of locations and not a big seller. Lexus dealers don’t play these silly games some of the other dealers do.

Ok update on my Vroom situation. They picked up my vehicle yesterday at 10am and the check was on my front steps when I got home at noon today. Check is for the original offer amount.

Overall the process was smooth with no hiccups. More communication from Vroom would have been helpful. My stress level was moderate for a while there when I heard nothing about my Pick-Up but they already had my title.

Back