Vroom offer

No the driver handed me the check.
No payoff required. I requested this as part of the deal. I told them I had other offers as well.

Algo did the same. Check on pickup.
Nice work! Vroom overnighted me a check but “forgot” to sign it. Then I had to dig up the CEOs email after a week or two of getting the runaround about when they’d send the new, signed check. After an email to the CEO I was magically contacted and had the check a day or two after. They did not have the option to hand me a check at the time, maybe because it was for $70,000 as they said there was a higher level of authority or approval it has to go through. If not for the unsigned 1st check and delays on the 2nd I’d have rated it a 4.5 star process with Vroom.

Also, when I was picking up my new Raptor yesterday at the dealer I was Bs’ing with a salesman and he said they just had a meeting about Vroom hosting a large auction to reduce their inventory as they overbought at the peak. Take that all with a grain of salt coming from a car salesman though.

I've got a pending offer in my inbox from Vroom I'm not taking for my Passat. They are still buying, or trying to. Perhaps they were too heavy on certain segments.

I just sold a 2015 Hyundai Genesis sedan (part of an estate I'm administering), got online offers from Vroom, Carvana, and Carmax. Carvana the lowest at $15,500, Carmax the highest at $16,600, Vroom in the middle. Took it to Carmax, sat around for an hour and a half, and left with the check. The car had about 86k miles, interior in very good shape, front bumper needed a repaint, and the front brake pads were starting to squeak. Pretty painless and was happy with the price.

jeff

I just sold a 2015 Hyundai Genesis sedan (part of an estate I'm administering), got online offers from Vroom, Carvana, and Carmax. Carvana the lowest at $15,500, Carmax the highest at $16,600, Vroom in the middle. Took it to Carmax, sat around for an hour and a half, and left with the check. The car had about 86k miles, interior in very good shape, front bumper needed a repaint, and the front brake pads were starting to squeak. Pretty painless and was happy with the price.

jeff
I heard the same
I just don't want to sit at the Max and use uber to get home.
I fear here they would be lower and a waste of time but who knows?
Picking up at my house makes life easier..

I am dealing again
Vroom beat Carvana by $3,150.
Carmax will not quote until they see it.
This was just now
ALGO got cheap last time so I did not get a quote
I looked into selling to Vroom. The later paperwork said they pick up the car for free. Then you are responsible for what happens to it during transport. When it gets to them they have 2-3 days to inspect it and send you a check. If you don’t like the actual final amount, you pay $799 to get the car returned. So that was the end of that. Do they think they can play with my car for three days while it is in my name?
Carvana gives a check on pickup which is how it has to be on any car transfer. I read in their info they can change the price not only on discovered flaws but market conditions. I am glad I kept my car, there is nothing to replace it with.

I looked into selling to Vroom. The later paperwork said they pick up the car for free. Then you are responsible for what happens to it during transport. When it gets to them they have 2-3 days to inspect it and send you a check. If you don’t like the actual final amount, you pay $799 to get the car returned. So that was the end of that. Do they think they can play with my car for three days while it is in my name?
Carvana gives a check on pickup which is how it has to be on any car transfer. I read in their info they can change the price not only on discovered flaws but market conditions. I am glad I kept my car, there is nothing to replace it with.
I agree and as soon as the vehicle changes hands so should the money.
ALGO was cool and they pay on the spot and they do a video review prior.
I don't like games either.
The guy who picks it up should be able to look it over.

The last guy who picked a car up from me was talking business and tax loop holes with me and later he told me he was a doctor before he went to jail for murder in Baltimore..
Yeah really...

I just don't want to sit at the Max and use uber to get home.
Ha, so this is exactly what I did. Normally would have the wife pick me up from something like this but schedules didn't mesh so Uber it was. $15 on a $16,600 transaction seemed a modest concession :)

jeff

Back