Valvoline Restore & Protect

I understand….

But your post was not quite as detailed or concise in that aspect. .

And I have become much, much more skeptical of many people over the last 23 years… For very, very strong reasons.

Again, your post I responded to there was very good overall and I agree with the general sentiment behind it.

You and I seem-to see things from a different perspective at times. And being perfectly candid I think I have been not the best at times articulating things in the best way with you. So I do apologize to you for that happening.

Believe it or not but I am actually a very reasonable person and pretty good guy to be around and talk to. In person I’d bet you and I would have a very good time talking with one another.
bbhero, please do not interpret my previous post in any way as being an attack on you or what you wrote. I was just trying to articulate myself a bit better and I don't think you are an unreasonable person here or IRL. We are allowed to see things from a different perspective and still be civil and even enjoy the banter. ;)

... and one of the names is Indian
It's all about the synergy and the Ying Yang in the patent that makes if work ... :D

1716853230942.jpg

1716853163301.jpg

Last edited:
It's all about the synergy and the Ying Yang in the patent that makes if work ...

View attachment 221653

View attachment 221652
I was making a reference to what is said between 2:00-4:30 - where there are key words associated with the 2022/2023 patents I mentioned - remember this was an unexpected result …
(did they file for antioxidant patent, then tests surprised)
Many western companies have turned to labs in India.

I see the word Claim quite a bit in the Patent, I also see Valvoline in there. Realize that when you get a Patent that is to protect your product from not being copied. Before anyone says I missed something, I have had some refreshments.
Claims are common lingo in the PVL business …
Having some vine ripened myself 😉

People will keep on hating with their baseless claims. Notice most of those same folks push other products?
It goes something like this" I love Amsoil..I use it in everything. Even cook with it. If I could put a ring on it I would. I sell it to as a side hustle, but I'm not biased against other oils because of this. Amsoil was created by the God's, just trust me...." 😆

Valvoline historically has always been about the OEM drain interval.

Roger England said they have all the engine testing capability, the chemical lab, chemical analytics. Working with the lab in India, it's synthesized and scaled up to production.

I wish people applied the same level of skepticism to other brands. It's interesting how selective people are in their criticism. You can clearly see the bias and selective criticism on display. :rolleyes:

The before/after shot of the piston was only 4k miles and it cleaned up quite well for just one OCI IMO.

View attachment 221552
Except if they were working on joining the longer range OCI competition - which would point to the patents I found …
(The piston thing - England admitted was a surprise)

Here is a Screenshot of his response to the YouTube Comments in this Video:View attachment 221737
Thanks. It's true in that what you see on a spec sheet/VOA doesn't tell you the whole story (Fordbossme take note). He even showed a screen shot of Red Line and Driven Oil. Red Line had a lot more AW additives and detergents but produced worse results than the Driven. Then you have this R&P oil which on paper looks like every other oil but it's cleaning ability is unique.

Roger England also emphasized how important testing is in real time. He said how else can you detect all these nuances. Dan Peterson of Amsoil said the same thing in the Gale Banks videos when they were trying to nail down deposit chemistry. If they had no dewpoint controlled engine lab, they would have been guessing.

Good point @4WD

It comes down to being ASTM certified.

It was posted/discussed years ago about Valvoline's lab and how extensive it was. How do people think they caught the Katrina Mobil 1 blend that had IVA issues? They found it through their own testing internally and used it for marketing purposes. Kind of a cheap shot but that's how it works lol.

Thanks. It's true in that what you see on a spec sheet/VOA doesn't tell you the whole story (Fordbossme take note). He even showed a screen shot of Red Line and Driven Oil. Red Line had a lot more AW additives and detergents but produced worse results than the Driven.
We've touched on this before, but it's an important thing to note. Just because you have an assload of a specific additive, does not mean that the product is going to provide lower wear. As has been stated a million times, oil blending is a balancing act, which is why pour-in additives with outlandish claims justifiably get roasted.

With an oil like Redline, because it is claimed to have a lot of ester, and esters fight for surface area; create surface competition with the additives, your additive package may be "more robust" in appearance to your average armchair chemist, but that may in fact only render it "about as good" as an additive package that looks weaker, but isn't being blended with a base oil blend that's very high in esters. And this ignores the synergies between different elements and base oil blends that can work to improve performance in many areas, but are not obvious or visible to Dora the VOA Explorer.

Back