Ultra1Plus 5W40 API SP

I just got this in. Will put it to the test. Backstory is there seems to be a shortage of my favorite brands so trying something new.

I can say one thing...5 gallon pail packaged well.

Attachments

• 20220509_120224.jpg
    20220509_120224.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220509_120256.jpg
    20220509_120256.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 20220509_120123.jpg
    20220509_120123.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 20220509_120055.jpg
    20220509_120055.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 71
Free shipping from Walmart too. It will be enough for 3 oil changes. Enough to do 1 VOA and 3 UOAs.

Reactions: SR5
I just got this in. Will put it to the test. Backstory is there seems to be a shortage of my favorite brands so trying something new.

I can say one thing...5 gallon pail packaged well.
Please provide any feed back regarding this purchase.

My feedback is dont buy it. If you have it drain it out. I went with Quaker State 5W40 European. I am happy that I didnt keep going with this oil. Lesson learned. Pail and left over oil going to recycling center in town.

From now on not playing with little known names and brands.

My feedback is dont buy it. If you have it drain it out. I went with Quaker State 5W40 European. I am happy that I didnt keep going with this oil. Lesson learned. Pail and left over oil going to recycling center in town.

elaborate please? Common rhetoric around here is that any API SP rated oil is good enough to do the job. Curious why this one was not in such a short period.

Edit: just noticed it says exceeds and does not carry the starburst. Perhaps it is not API rated.

Can't figure out if they're a blender... or simply a couple of warehouses putting their label on some oil blended by someone else

Will simply wait on UOA and VOA data to see how it works out

We need more info here. Why is it bad and what were the red flags?

Very weak add package, TBN is weak. Feel like I got fooled by the marketing. Seems like they skimped on the additives.

I will stick with known brands I can readily get anytime I make a trip to the wal mart
The problem is the known brands at Walmart are becoming scarce because of shortages. There is lots of 5W30 at Walmart, but a good 5W40 is hard to find.

Right. I understand what you were trying to do. I did not mean to come across as you should have stuck with a known brand, I misread your original post where it clearly says “there is a shortage of YOUR favorite brands” of 5w40

Thing is, most 5w-40's are either Euro lubes, or HDEO's, this is clearly neither.
I have concluded its a scam. They put in just enough ingredients or additives to pass. If you compare it against other API SP oils you see 2-3 times the amount of additives and much higher TBN. They put in as little as they could get away with and charged as much as they could get away with like the weak coffee at Panera bread.

HDEOs like Delvac test out great. The Euro formulas are basically a thick 5W30 with lots of additives and they work well. The Ultra1Plus is garbage.

Can you return it? Sounds like fraud... not getting what you paid for.

Post the VOA data on amazon/walmart comments section to save others from the mistake.

Back