Trying to liquidate my excess oil this year.

I've been giving away antifreeze left and right.. people told me they would gladly pay for it, as it is valuable.

I want the space in my garage back. Time to get real, all it would likely do is sit there.

Tired of getting lied to by people with the scams, as well.

I also have more antifreeze than the store. Only about 100 gallons left.

It's heavy but, I've put some in my car for long distance delivery.

See previous post... lol.

I typically keep an oil change or two on hand for each vehicle.

The one exception was when O'Reilly auto parts had the $7.99 Havoline Pro DS Full Syn 5QT jugs for $7.99 clearance. I bought 11 of them. Lasted me three and a half years without having to buy any oil. I would jump on this again any day.

I also have more antifreeze than the store. Only about 100 gallons left.

It's heavy but, I've put some in my car for long distance delivery.

See previous post... lol.

Anyone going to the August event.. it's free.

I just have to be told who wants it. Free antifreeze, and lots of it.

Then your head would explode if you saw my house. Got my last oil purchase stored in lower hallway for the last 6 months. Not to mention the tires in the bath tub. And yea, I can leave the toilet seat up any time I want.

View attachment 95070
ah good ole wally
I have used only 4/15 Castrol EP bottles. I think I will have to start using them in my Kia too...even though 10w30 is better.

Every time I've had a stash I've always given it away. Now I only keep enough oil on-hand for an up and coming oil change.

I might keep more than that, but having a parts store's worth of oil on the shelf doesn't make sense anymore. In any case, I think the clearances will be less common for a couple years or so at least...

The idea is to save money.

When you hoard you’re usually buying it on rebate/sale/clearance. Generally the oil is not going to go bad...and for some of us it won’t take up much space. I’ve purchased over 75 quarts of various brands for under $130 bucks. That oil lasted me maybe four years and 12 or so oil changes. There are people that pay $90-$120 bucks for an oil change nowadays, personally I was able to do 12 oil changes for $130 (and another $70 in oil filters). And it didn’t take any real effort to buy that oil on sale/rebate.

I’d do it again if I had the chance.
Not really. A few do it to some money. It's either a hobby for most-or a (hoarding) disorder for a few.

If hoarding oil is going to make a difference on your retirement.I don't know what to say.......

Not really. A few do it to some money. It's either a hobby for most-or a (hoarding) disorder for a few.

If hoarding oil is going to make a difference on your retirement.I don't know what to say.......
Not really? So most do it because of hoarding disorders? 🤣

Although I do remember one guy posting that he tried to profit off it by meeting people from Facebook Marketplace and selling it. And bragged how he pounced on low oil prices and sold when the oil market was getting out of control. If you’re talking about THAT guy, yeah I agree...not going to boost your retirement much meeting people down the street, making $10 bucks off a jug of oil, especially when it cost you $10 bucks to drive there. 🤣🤣

Not really? So most do it because of hoarding disorders? 🤣

Although I do remember one guy posting that he tried to profit off it by meeting people from Facebook Marketplace and selling it. And bragged how he pounced on low oil prices and sold when the oil market was getting out of control. If you’re talking about THAT guy, yeah I agree...not going to boost your retirement much meeting people down the street, making $10 bucks off a jug of oil, especially when it cost you $10 bucks to drive there. 🤣🤣
He did say "or a (hoarding) disorder for a few", not "most". I would completely agree that there are probably more than a couple people here that have compulsions to acquire oil that fall within the range of personality disorders that lead to hoarding (of many different types). Most people probably don't even realize it due to cognitive distortions or delusions and genuinely believe they don't have a disorder. Part of the problem is that there's often practical sounding reasons for acquiring certain things that appear completely legitimate at first glance or on paper. But it's the reasons why someone is acquiring things, the feelings they have about those things, and how it affects their day-to-day life that would categorize it as a potential symptom of one of several different disorders or conditions.

I'm not calling anyone out (because that often just makes things worse) and there's no way for me or anyone else here to know if someone has a problem or not. That's up to the individual to determine if they want to go down that introspective path. It's important to remember though that not everyone who has a hoard is a "hoarder".

He did say "or a (hoarding) disorder for a few", not "most". I would completely agree that there are probably more than a couple people here that have compulsions to acquire oil that fall within the range of personality disorders that lead to hoarding (of many different types). Most people probably don't even realize it due to cognitive distortions or delusions and genuinely believe they don't have a disorder. Part of the problem is that there's often practical sounding reasons for acquiring certain things that appear completely legitimate at first glance or on paper. But it's the reasons why someone is acquiring things, the feelings they have about those things, and how it affects their day-to-day life that would categorize it as a potential symptom of one of several different disorders or conditions.

I'm not calling anyone out (because that often just makes things worse) and there's no way for me or anyone else here to know if someone has a problem or not. That's up to the individual to determine if they want to go down that introspective path. It's important to remember though that not everyone who has a hoard is a "hoarder".
Good point on, “or a hoarding disorder for a few”, not most.

I think people just like to collect things...and do they have a disorder? Possibly. But why collect oil? I can think of better things, but I guess if you have a disorder (oil or whatever) doesn’t matter.

And when you think about it, other reasons for collecting and storing oil probably inadvertently lead to other disorders. Saving money. Trying to save a few bucks, going out of your way to do so...driving around, going to forums, buying it, putting it in storage (just to save a few bucks) I guess could be a disorder. Especially when 90% of the world probably wouldn’t do THAT. Come to think of it I would, and I have. 🤣🤣

I probably have a disorder.

Then your head would explode if you saw my house. Got my last oil purchase stored in lower hallway for the last 6 months. Not to mention the tires in the bath tub. And yea, I can leave the toilet seat up any time I want.

View attachment 95070
I like your style. Here is some of my stash. Not all though
1F586EEB-5263-4256-85AC-0BCC2BFE42D2.jpeg

I like your style. Here is some of my stash. Not all thoughView attachment 106301

Ahhh, stashes. Okay, I will play.

Here is approximately 1/3 of mine, I see we are "pics or it didnt happen," which is good, since we had at least one fictitious account of what someone had in the thread. So I admire those that can show.

Y'all got me beat on oil, but. I have this to show for years ofvstockpiling, jow with realizing no use for it as I always thought I'd have, I'm looking to unload some of mine. Just praying I have a car available to make the August event.

If I do, as much of oh all of this will fit in there, for whoever wants. Just have to let me know.

Its not oil. Its primarily Ethylene Glycol based stuff, a few varieties.

Then I'll have TWO stockpiles, there is more than this.

Most of it is Yellow Universal but there are some others.
20220702_211717.jpg

I typically keep an oil change or two on the shelf. Only two times I got a lot was when O’Reilly clearanced out 5qt jugs of Havoline Full Synthetic for $7.99 each. Bought 11 of them. Just used last one a few months ago. Second time was some 10W-30 Chevron for $1 a quart at AutoZone. Got 10 of them. Used them in my old Ranger (got rid of it years ago.)

Now I buy at Walmart. Free shipping to my door if you spend $35. So, I buy a couple jugs for the two cars I maintain, plus some fuel injector cleaner and stuff. Works out well. Trying to buy full synthetic under $20 is tough though….

Back