Toyota Vs. Domestics...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt,

I havn't heard about this vehicle from Honda. Do you have a link? Curious....

Lone,

Its what I have been saying for a long time. Toyota is more domestic than the domestics if only the domestics can become more of a domestic then maybe we will all be domesticized.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
Shannow,

The Special Forces uses the double cab Tacomas in Afghanistan. They can pick whatever they want and their choice is the Toyota Tacoma.

The same can be said for Chevy and Ford pickup's. I have read this in magazines and personely know some Army Rangers/special forces who have used both trucks on missions.

You can pretty much place a bet the only trucks they will use are the Tacomas. You may see a few fords as moving material, etc, but the reliable trucks over there are all Toyota.

"In response to appeals from forces in the field, SOCOM officials went out looking for Toyota 4x4 trucks—Tacomas, Tundras—and Polaris 6x6 all-terrain vehicles. Schulte said that the Toyota dealer in Lexington, Ky., sold every truck on the lot within minutes."

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/article.cfm?Id=775

Another link:

http://www.brian894x4.com/MILITARYTOYOTAS.html

[ March 21, 2004, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Amkeer ]

Nearly all the high volume sellers for Honda are US/Canadian made and have a high conent of North American parts. Essentially another domestic vehicle.

If you read the socom article a little further:

"He noted that the Toyota trucks allow U.S. forces in Afghanistan to blend in with the locals, who mostly drive Toyotas"

Well of course...They are special forces they need to blend in. Thats why I said the Tacomas were being used in Afghanistan.

[ March 22, 2004, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Amkeer ]

quote:

Originally posted by Chris B.:
That is one thing about GM that is a big let down: building cars in China of all places. I really hope they stop this and bring it back home!

China is by far the largest untapped vehicle market on the planet today. GM would be crazy not to exploit this opportunity. By doing so, they keep the company profitable and protect our jobs back home.

I'm one of those guys who doesn't like to buy foreign products, and have bought Ford and GM products without fail since 1976. Imagine my displeasure when I found out that my GM 5.3L V-8 is made in Mexico. Even thought the Tahoe is assembled in Texas. Duhoooo!
shocked.gif

Cheers, Doug in Colorado
patriot.gif

This may be off-topic, but the topic did seem very general.

I've had Toyota's and really liked them. But, I detest the Toyota dealers in my area. So, I'll take a vehicle with lower quality so I don't have to shower after visiting a Toyota dealer.

/end rant

Joat,

I have had problems with all dealerships. Thats why I want the most reliable vehicle to keep me away from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back