2023 Toyota Venza

After doing our automotive research for a new vehicle, my wife & I have narrowed down our choice to the VENZA and have put down a $500 refundable deposit(in writing) and have been put on a waiting list. Keeping in mind that this transaction is contingent on a test-drive and a look over.

Not that we ever wanted a RAV4 Hybrid as they're almost impossible to get, however, my wife loves the new VENZA which is said by many members of the Auto Press to be the "luxury RAV4". Some say that the new VENZA(a Harrier in other world markets) could have made it to LEXUS showrooms.

This dealership is not "Up Charging" their vehicles and even knocked off $500(as a good gesture) for which ever VENZA LE arrives that meets our criteria...which we have discussed in writing with the dealership(trim level, paint & interior choice etc).

This VENZA comes from JAPAN and as discussed in another thread(Korea vs NA), I'm not sold on the Japan vs the World for better quality/reliability. However, we are giving Toyota another go.

In the meantime, we're still looking at other vehicles on our shopping list(many which are not hybrid) and if we find something from this AUTO GROUP of dealerships, we can have that $500 deposit transferred to another vehicle.

We've selected the base VENZA "LE"(a slower seller) which has moooooore than enough features for us without getting into all of the "FLUFF" that doesn't make the vehicle any better to drive(XLE, NIGHT SHADE, LIMITED).

Since we're not in a hurry for a vehicle, we feel that this is a good option and gives us time to further investigate models from other brands.

We are not even considering a pre-owned vehicles as they are still grossly overpriced and maybe, just maybe, I can fetch a good dollar for my 2015 Altima(in BITOG condition) even though it's a NISSAN.

Last edited:
I have a 2021 Venza with 30k miles. Excellent car with solid build quality. The MPG's have been consistently higher than EPA estimates. The Toyota hybrid system works very well.
It rides better than a RAV-4, but sacrifices some cargo space with the sloped rear.
I've been happy with my purchase.

Our 3 choice colors with either be the pearl white met, champagne met or dark gray met. IDK the real names of the paint colors but you get the idea. I hope the white one comes in first. Our Lexus RX was pearl white and we both loved it.
However we did specified light gray interior.

Sadly, remote start is only for one year then a subscription is required after that if we want to keep it. But, a lot of MFGs are going in that direction. BMW is even charging a subscription for heated seats.

Nice, I hope you like it and end up getting it.

I always liked the first gen Venza and never understood why Toyota killed it off. The new one looks good, very much Lexus like.
Yes indeed, I too liked the 1st gen VENZA because I like hatchbacks and wagons.
We looked at other hybrid SUVs and my wife just doesn’t like the styles of them even if they a better vehicle.

Last edited:
Were likely getting an additional Rav4 as one kid will likely drive off in ours. I looked at the Venza and its very nicely equipped even in the lower trims, but has a much smaller boot than the Rav4. If that doesn't cause an issue then its likely a great car.

"Sadly, remote start is only for one year then a subscription is required after that if we want to keep it."

Maybe your solution is (already) at hand when the "included" remote start discontinues working.

There is a monthly subscription~$15/mo that we/us/you can pay an annual one time fee ~$120/yr up front which is le$$ overall than paying monthly. And it includes an app for your phone. I mean monthly…I may only get it for the winter months.

Last edited:
Were likely getting an additional Rav4 as one kid will likely drive off in ours. I looked at the Venza and its very nicely equipped even in the lower trims, but has a much smaller boot than the Rav4. If that doesn't cause an issue then its likely a great car.
Right! The boot area is more than large enough for us retired folks. :coffee: ;)
Grocery shopping, vacation by car or even some smaller items from the BIG BOX STORES. The boot is large enough for us. (y)

Last edited:
The more open you are to exterior/interior colors the sooner you will get it. Especially with the LE trim. You may want to call and check in with them often.

I've got one, a new 2023 Venza, an LE. I traded my 2022 BMW convertible on it as that was strictly an uncomfortable car, my wife hated it. We so far like this one, hope it lasts for awhile...

The more open you are to exterior/interior colors the sooner you will get it. Especially with the LE trim. You may want to call and check in with them often.
Yes, thank you I do realize this. (y)

Yeah, we're not open to exterior/interiors color choices when buying a new vehicle. We get what we want or we don't buy. Pre-owned vehicles are different. You get what you get in that case.

We enjoy a light(er) paint colors & interior colors due to summer heat even here in the North East. We have removed the dark gray paint choice from our list. So the color list is now down to 2, pearl white metallic & champagne metallic with the light gray interior now removed. However, some day all interiors in the mainstream vehicles will all be black. OMG, that is sooooo )))HOT((( in the summer.

To me, there are certain exterior colors on vehicles that make it look as if you spent juuuuuust that little bit more on a vehicle...IMO!

This is our 1st choice in colors^^^...Click on "View Larger Images" and scroll through the pics.

Last edited:
After doing our automotive research for a new vehicle, my wife & I have narrowed down our choice to the VENZA and have put down a $500 refundable deposit(in writing) and have been put on a waiting list. Keeping in mind that this transaction is contingent on a test-drive and a look over.

My only concerns as with any vehicle is the interior QUIET!
I've driven so many vehicles that disappoint me/us when on the highway that they become a deal breaker. I'm not talking about engine or drivetrain noise(they're all quiet at idle). I'm talking about road noise at, Oh let's say, 65-70 mph. OMG I can't hear myself think!$#%.

And after 6-7 hours in the car, I'm ready to get rid of the vehicle. My Altima has been wonderful. Not the quietest but quiet just the same. Nissan's seem to be that way. I am hoping that with a test-drive in the VENZA that it doesn't disappoint.

I drive on a regular basis, my buddy's '22 Equinox LT(AWD) when I take him(sadly) in for his testing & procedures. And this Chevy is QUIET!

Quieter than any other SUV in this mainstream compact SUV segment and I've drive them all (shame on you RAV4 & CR-V). I don't care what the PRESS says about which SUV is quietest(dB). This Equinox is freaken quiet and the 1.5T engine is smooooooth. I am not buying an Equinox but I would and I do recommend them. My buddy is on his 3rd one since 2011 and I've driven all of the and I'm sold... I just want something different! Hopefully better and with a higher resale value in the VENZA.

Some say that the new VENZA (a Harrier in other world markets) could have made it to LEXUS showrooms.

This VENZA comes from JAPAN and as discussed in another thread(Korea vs NA), I'm not sold on the Japan vs the World for better quality/reliability.
The Venza already exists as a Lexus, the NX 350h AWD, the same exact platform (same wheelbase, track width, HP, mechanicals, and underpinnings), and they are even produced in the same Japanese factory. The Lexus weighs about 100 lbs more but you can likely chalk that up to additional sound deadening. The Lexus is also a little nicer, but it is almost $10k more money, which qualifies the Venza as a bargain IMO.
Toyota's Japanese factories still produce higher quality vehicles than Toyota's other factories produce elsewhere in the world. If you look closely you can see the difference.

Back