Need a car fob for a 2023

I have a 2023 Toyota Venza LE,, that my wife has lost the for it. Now,, I need another one,, but not sure where to look for it. I called '' Car and Remotes'' for one-- they said '' we have one for a '22, we're not sure if it will work on a '23''. Note sure what to do next,, the dealer wanted around $500 for the remote,, and then charges $165 to program it,,, that's $800 with tax. I guess I can go to the dealer and get the model number and see if it fits, this is a hassle for sure.

I have a 2023 Toyota Venza LE,, that my wife has lost the for it. Now,, I need another one,, but not sure where to look for it. I called '' Car and Remotes'' for one-- they said '' we have one for a '22, we're not sure if it will work on a '23''. Note sure what to do next,, the dealer wanted around $500 for the remote,, and then charges $165 to program it,,, that's $800 with tax. I guess I can go to the dealer and get the model number and see if it fits, this is a hassle for sure.
Dealership

I'd order a FOB online and have a local locksmith program it. If it's even possible..

I've done this with other make/models.

I'd order a FOB online and have a local locksmith program it. If it's even possible..

I've done this with other make/models.
Locksmith can’t reprogram a fob on many of my cars, and they’re a lot older.

For a 2023? Dealer.

That’s it. Suck up the cost. Maybe she will be more careful in the future.

Locksmith can’t reprogram a fob on many of my cars, and they’re a lot older.

For a 2023? Dealer.

That’s it. Suck up the cost. Maybe she will be more careful in the future.
I hear you, but I wouldn't make that assumption until I called around.

Does it look like this 2021?

I think he mentioned somewhere that dealers can't program it.

So, if the dealer can’t program it to the car, then how would the locksmith get the software to program it?

Cutting a key is one thing. But, programming a fob requires software, to enable the fob to communicate with the car. That’s OEM software. If the OEM doesn’t have it, no one else does, either.

The key and the fob are part of the anti-theft system.

Yes sir,, that's the correct fob. I can't help but wonder if the dealer can program this one to work,,,,,

Yes sir,, that's the correct fob. I can't help but wonder if the dealer can program this one to work,,,,,
In general, dealers don’t like working with anything but OEM parts.

Call them. Ask. Let us know.

But - I got folding money that says they refuse to program an eBay part.

So, if the dealer can’t program it to the car, then how would the locksmith get the software to program it?

Cutting a key is one thing. But, programming a fob requires software, to enable the fob to communicate with the car. That’s OEM software. If the OEM doesn’t have it, no one else does, either.

The key and the fob are part of the anti-theft system.
Most newer keys can only be programmed once. Most likely a locksmith would need a tool to wipe the chip, THEN he can program it. I bought this key

for my 17 Corolla for $60 (from a different seller of course) and programmed it with my scan tool

Ace Hardware told me they can program and US or Japanese key fobs. They don't touch German manufacturers

In general, dealers don’t like working with anything but OEM parts.

Call them. Ask. Let us know.

But - I got folding money that says they refuse to program an eBay part.
O.K. then,, I've got one ordered from Ebay,, $246,,,, and it will be $165 to program it. I did talk to the dealer today,, and they will work on the new one. Total price for losing the fob,,, $422.25 total. Boy,, what a kick in the britchers,,,,,,,

Call up Car Keys Express. They programmed me a new key and fob for my '14 Grand Cherokee for $264 after tax last April. They're partnered with Sam's Club, might be worth buying their membership if it's required for their pricing.

This is who is handling this order,, ''CAR Key Express''. I will take it to the local selling dealer to get it programmed though.

Back