Toyota Dealerships in SE out of GTMO 0W-20

Based on the price and rebates they are running right now and the higher moly, I am going to go with Valvoline EP.

Thanks for your input everyone!

Also, as an FYI, the one local dealership stated they are running bulk Mobil1 right now for their changes.

Based on the price and rebates they are running right now and the higher moly, I am going to go with Valvoline EP.

Thanks for your input everyone!
You're welcome. Glad you found your oil. Tell me, what's the big deal with Moly?

Also, as an FYI, the one local dealership stated they are running bulk Mobil1 right now for their changes.
Doubt it. Most people are not familiar with the various tiers. They are probably using the new Mobil full synthetic. Local honda dealer has been doing the same.

Being that's it's (only) the 2nd oil change, I'd use the cheapest synthetic listed (QSUD) and change it out sooner because of 'break in' stuff.

I knew a girl in high school named Molly that was HOT!! She was a senior and I was a freshman:D
My gal is red hot
Your gal ain't doodly-squat

I got a gal, six feet four
Sleeps in the kitchen with her feets out the door

My gal is red hot
Your gal ain't doodly-squat

Getting ready to do my second oil change, called two local dealerships and both are out of GTMO 0W-20.

Between the following, which would you use?
Mobil1 0W-20 Extended Performance
Valvoline 0W-20 Extended Protection
Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0W-20
Eneos 0W-20 (Can get a 6 gallon case down at the NAPER)
Mobil I EP but it is hard to find right now in 0-20.

Getting ready to do my second oil change, called two local dealerships and both are out of GTMO 0W-20.

Not a bad choice in the bunch. Probably the QS but just because it's cheaper.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was told that TGMO was just repackaged M1 EP.
Somebody will correct one of us, I'm sure. It's my understanding that 0W-20 TGMO is made by Mobil, and is similar to M1, but the additive package is different, with the TGMO containing quite a bit more Moly amongst other differences. These may not be the latest iterations of the oils.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was told that TGMO was just repackaged M1 EP.
Nope, not at all, it's a special blend made specifically for Toyota by the division that blends HDEO and other commercial lubricants, it's not a midSAPS oil like EP, and the add package is much different and TGMO is mostly group III, EP for 0W-20 is mostly PAO.

Being that's it's (only) the 2nd oil change, I'd use the cheapest synthetic listed (QSUD) and change it out sooner because of 'break in' stuff.
First OCI was ~1100 miles to get all the wear in metals out and there was definitely silt like debris in the filter.

TGMO been called that for ages.

Back