Toughguard vs wix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
Yeah, it's soooo spooooky that nobody can understand those efficiency specs. What are we all going to do? LoL

BTW - that photo is not a TG. What's spooky is that people post pixs and claim it's something it's not.

Reread my post. I think it went over your head.

Nope. You think it's all "spooky", but it's actually really quite simple to understand.

Let me guess, the cardboard end caps are better because their flexible with in the can and thus puts less strain on the media? Maybe use a better media instead

^^^ What does non-metal end caps have to do with efficiency? Off in the weeds once again it seems. Maybe Purolator could find a way to keep their media from failing.

I saw that TG pic too. But ive seen many that have looked a lot better than this one. Also, Fram Ultra is built to a higher standard than the TG obviously.
Wix does make very good stuff too. Never a doubt bout that
smile.gif

I honestly just like my Fram Ultra. But I also would have zero problem running a Napa gold on my car. I just have no need to go to Napa really
smile.gif

^^^ What does non-metal end caps have to do with efficiency? Off in the weeds once again it seems. Maybe Purolator could find a way to keep their media from failing.

Puro surely could and should stop making tearing media but puro isn't the topic of this thread. Topic is tg vs wix which is laughable. Anyway, moving on...

Metal end caps are failing on Purolator made products. So there are three areas of common Purolator made filters failure, tearing media(very common), adbv failure, and end cap failure. That's a lot of ifs about what is in the can when you take it home. Honda seems to accept the Tough Guard design and that's a big endorsement the design is good. Purolator also has a good design, but the execution has failed since they were bought by another company not so QC conscious.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I saw that TG pic too. But ive seen many that have looked a lot better than this one. Also, Fram Ultra is built to a higher standard than the TG obviously.
Wix does make very good stuff too. Never a doubt bout that
smile.gif

I honestly just like my Fram Ultra. But I also would have zero problem running a Napa gold on my car. I just have no need to go to Napa really
smile.gif

Fu really is a very good filter build far as I can tell. I agree. Cant say the same for the tg though. Its just so horrible to witness. I might need therapy to help me get over the trauma.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Metal end caps are failing on Purolator made products. So there are three areas of common Purolator made filters failure, tearing media(very common), adbv failure, and end cap failure. That's a lot of ifs about what is in the can when you take it home. Honda seems to accept the Tough Guard design and that's a big endorsement the design is good. Purolator also has a good design, but the execution has failed since they were bought by another company not so QC conscious.

Ya it's a sad thing.
I still have 4 more old ones from 2008 to 2010 and 1 2012. I'm Leary of the 2012 but will use it for 5k or so. I also have several classics from 08 -10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back