Thoughts on 18 month OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
With my driving miles in my F-150, 4.6L truck I can change in the fall and spring with 18 month OCI's for a few OCI's at least. On my truck that will be ~7,500 miles on Motorcraft 5W-20 oil and the FL820S oil filter, which I've only been using since new. I use LC20 in the oil and FP60 in the fuel "religiously". My main driving is to work and back approximately 10 miles each way on secondary highway roads with some lights. Looking in the oil fill the head is spotless, not even varnish. This has been on approximately 5000 mile OCI's since new 12 years ago. It's going to rust out long before the longer OCI's can possibly do any "harm".

My BIL purchased a 1999 Porsche in 2004. It had 9000 miles on the factory oil. Terry Dyson did the UOA in 2004 and it still had life left in it. That's a 5 year OCI! Of course the original owner used it as a fun car and it was fully warmed up by the time he brought back to his garage. Plus the oil capacity is about 9 quarts. The factory oil was German Castrol synthetic 5W-40.

Whimsey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back