This winter won't die!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winter maybe coming to an end here finally with the 70's in the forcast starting on Friday!
banana2.gif

Even the Environment Canada meteorologist on CBC here in the morning ashcans his own forecasts. They're all optimistically warm, which he warns isn't going to be possible with all this snow on the ground. Next week, they say. Well, they've been saying that for many weeks.

We've had the coldest winter in 150 years.

Temperature wise, this was a very traditional winter. Granted, we're all complaining about it in CNY - we haven't had winters that hold on like this for 20 years or so.

Snow was a bit light this year, but that didn't stop the cold.

354 AM CDT WED MAY 1 2013

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO7 PM CDT THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN HAS ISSUEDA WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 7 PM CDT THURSDAY.

* TIMING: RAIN THIS MORNING WILL TRANSITION OVER TO SNOW BY MIDAFTERNOON. SNOW WILL THEN CONTINUE IN PERIODIC BANDS THROUGHTONIGHT AND TAPER OFF DURING THE DAY THURSDAY. SNOW MAY BE HEAVYAT TIMES THIS EVENING THROUGH THE EARLY MORNING HOURS.

* SNOW ACCUMULATION: 6 TO 9 INCHES.

* OTHER IMPACTS: RAPID SNOW ACCUMULATION MAY QUICKLY MAKE TRAVELHAZARDOUS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS

...A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHERCONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOWARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN ANEMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL, KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD, AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.&&

This winter never lived!
Besides a healthy December, CA has been dry, dry, dry!

J0Jx9.St.8.gif

Send some wetness over here!

"GUSTY OFFSHORE WINDS AND EXTREMELY DRY AND WARM CONDITIONS WILL
BRING CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS TO INLAND LOCATIONS THROUGH
THE END OF THE WEEK. UNSEASONABLY HIGH AFTERNOON TEMPERATURES
WILL BE NEAR RECORD LEVELS IN MANY LOCATIONS THROUGH FRIDAY."

Originally Posted By: Pablo
34°F May 1. Not digging this.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Winter is still putting up a fight. We're under a hard freeze watch and it's snowing. Not cool anymore.

Wow, guess you guys live in the wrong place, 80F over here.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc
Originally Posted By: Pablo
34°F May 1. Not digging this.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Winter is still putting up a fight. We're under a hard freeze watch and it's snowing. Not cool anymore.

Wow, guess you guys live in the wrong place, 80F over here.
smile.gif

Nah, when it's Late July and nighttime temps cool into the 50s, it makes the winters worth it!

8-10 inches here.

I have the next 4 days off work, planned a month ago......

15.gif

Originally Posted By: Turk
8-10 inches here.

I have the next 4 days off work, planned a month ago......

15.gif

Really?
It's been a bit over 80F here for the past two afternoons.
I've driven home from work with the top down the past two days and am getting a starter tan.

A little warm here, but since my MPGs have been over 82 for the past few days, I'm not going to complain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back