The ignore feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I used it a few times, although keeping up with one member's various user names is a bit of a chore.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: whip
I've never felt the need to use the ignore feature. As a grown up, I'm smart enough to only read the post I want to, and I'm mature enough to not let something written on the internet get me upset. There are posters that I don't agree with very often, but I still want to see their opinions. Even the trolls offer some entertainment. Why do people use it?

I have used it on a select few members. I use it for those members who purposely try and bait me into things. There are a couple here that really go out of their way to provoke me and it is just better all around to not see what they post rather than try and ignore it. It is a very useful feature. I can ignore the idiots and trolls. With me I use it on the real trouble makers.

I think I have 3 people on ignore.

Last edited:
This board is already censored like crazy. If I missed anyone's contributions to threads then a thread could take a left hand turn when everyone gets offended by that guy and I'd be unable to decipher what ruffled everyone's feathers.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Rand
I like the ignore feature, it lets me not see posts from certain people who are basically just trolling. That way I 100% don't feed the trolls
smile.gif

There are no trolls on this board. None.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
What is this thread about? I'm sorry, I can't see anything anyone has written. I must have turned on the "ignore all" feature.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Turk
Is there a post here? I can't see it.

I guess more people than I thought were ignoring me.... LOL

That raises another question. If someone was ignoring me, would a thread I started be visible to them?

That raises another question. If someone was ignoring me, would a thread I started be visible to them?

Yes.

The body of the post would read:

Quote:
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Should the person who ignored you wish to read it they could click the "Toggle the display of this post" which is a hyperlink and will display the post body normally.

I've never felt the need to use the ignore feature. As a grown up, I'm smart enough to only read the post I want to, and Why do people use it?

How do you decide what post to read or what post not to read.... without reading the post first? You must have a very rare talent to do that.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I've never felt the need to use the ignore feature. As a grown up, I'm smart enough to only read the post I want to, and Why do people use it?

How do you decide what post to read or what post not to read.... without reading the post first? You must have a very rare talent to do that.

Look at who posted it, and read the first few words. I can usually tell where it's going by that point.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Yes.

The body of the post would read:

Quote:

Should the person who ignored you wish to read it they could click the "Toggle the display of this post" which is a hyperlink and will display the post body normally.

Thanks. Is that what you saw for this post?

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Someone has responded in this thread that I have blocked!
laugh.gif

You have MolaKule on ignore??? What did he do to you?
48.gif

I used it a few times, although keeping up with one member's various user names is a bit of a chore. I'll bet my name made a few members ignore lists too. LOL

Haw. That's good.

I have never used it. I feel one of the silliest things you can do is expect others to agree with everything you say.

Especially on the Net...

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Someone has responded in this thread that I have blocked!
laugh.gif

You have MolaKule on ignore??? What did he do to you?
48.gif

No, it's not MolaKule but, you may be next!
laugh.gif
(hee,hee!) LOL!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I used it a few times, although keeping up with one member's various user names is a bit of a chore. I'll bet my name made a few members ignore lists too. LOL

Haw. That's good.

I have never used it. I feel one of the silliest things you can do is expect others to agree with everything you say.

Especially on the Net...

I hear ya. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I have other reasons for adding him/them to my list.........
wink.gif

What does the ignore feature look like anyways? Does it just say ignore??

Can anyone here even read my post???!!!
shocked.gif

If you are being ignored, the member that has put you on ignore can do this but(see below) but, other members can't tell either way:

Last edited:
I have ignored all the other members, because I don't care what other people think
wink.gif

Really, there are people that I basically ignor, but I don't use the ignor button.
Sometimes people turn around and become Sane. Or, it turns out they do in fact have some area of expertise and prove themselves somewhat useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back