Reliability of your home "wired" wifi service.

Hardly rural, Xfinity has data caps pretty much everywhere they have no real competition.
Unbelievable and I sincerely mean that. I thought those were back from the dark ages of the Internet regarding data caps.
I know back then AT&T had them on their fiber service, but I don’t believe they do anymore. Then again, I could be wrong.

Check Address
Choose Services
Customize Options
Set Up Account
Schedule Installation
Get a $50 Visa Prepaid Rewards Card. Online Only!
Choose your package

Internet

TV

Bluepeak 1 Gig
$55.00 /mo
*Reflects $10 Autopay discount
1 Gig Internet

Symmetrical Speed

Eero Whole-Home WiFi with speeds up to 1.2 Gig

Eero Secure included

Select

Bluepeak 2 Gig
$75.00 /mo
2 Gig Internet

Symmetrical Speed

Eero Secure included

2/2 Gig speeds with wired connection to the Bluepeak fiber network

Select

Bluepeak 5 Gig
$100.00 /mo
5 Gig Internet

Symmetrical Speed

Eero Secure included

Additional home Wifi speed & dead spot check

Tech Hub VIP Events & Concierge Service

3-Year Price Lock

5/5 Gig speeds with wired connection to the Bluepeak fiber network

Select
Back

(833) 948-4833PrivacyTerms & ConditionsRefund PolicyFCC Public Files

©2024 — Bluepeak. All rights reserved.

Still $55 a month for a gig up and down.
I noticed it says “ choose your package” so my question would be can you have actual Internet service with an actual payment of $55 a month and no other services involved or taxes?

Or another way to put it is can you pay this company only $55 a month?
By the way, I’m not doubting you, just asking the question after reading what you posted

Pretty simple. The TV picture started getting pixelated and finally stopped displaying correctly. Went to a second channel offering through a different wiFi connection, and it was better, but still not correct. Finally went to an OTA antenna (digital) and the picture was fine.
I've also seen it happen on other very popular offerings from time to time. Mostly the interruptions are momentary in those cases.
The Superbowl never did straighten out through Paramount+. (IIRC)
I have noticed on major sports events that over the air antenna is always superior when it comes to video quality.
It’s been about three years since I’ve compared so I don’t know if there’s been any change. New home and I don’t have an attic antenna set up at least not yet and I was less than impressed with streaming the Super Bowl.

We didn’t have any issues except the video resolution was not what we would call high definition

I noticed it says “ choose your package” so my question would be can you have actual Internet service with an actual payment of $55 a month and no other services involved or taxes?

Or another way to put it is can you pay this company only $55 a month?
By the way, I’m not doubting you, just asking the question after reading what you posted
Yep, $55 a month all in, internet only.
I pay for Amazon Prime, Netflix and YouTube TV separately and get a bunch of other stuff streamed free. Roku,Tubi...
We all have cell phones that utilize the towers or wifi. Bunch of bluetooth devices and wifi TV's, PC's etc. Nothing wired. Never an issue for speed or buffering.

Comcast goes out once a week from what I can see. FIOS almost never.

FIOS - it's. PON or passive optical network. No electronics between you and Central office. So if you have a UPS for your ONT (optical network terminal) then you should have service unless someone actually broke the fiber.

Comcast goes out once a week from what I can see. FIOS almost never.

FIOS - it's. PON or passive optical network. No electronics between you and Central office. So if you have a UPS for your ONT (optical network terminal) then you should have service unless someone actually broke the fiber.
That's the same as the Bell service. I have everything on UPS's, so it stays up for quite a while, typically long enough to ride through the outage.

Yep, $55 a month all in, internet only.
I pay for Amazon Prime, Netflix and YouTube TV separately and get a bunch of other stuff streamed free. Roku,Tubi...
We all have cell phones that utilize the towers or wifi. Bunch of bluetooth devices and wifi TV's, PC's etc. Nothing wired. Never an issue for speed or buffering.
Great price, we never have any issues either and I mean never🙃

We ONLY have Comporium unless you go with a dish style internet. I'm not sure how they get away with being a monopoly, I hate them.

That being said, they are pretty reliable.
Agree with you.

I only have their internet. Nothing else......

I also have to pay an extra $5 for a static IP.......

Unfortunately, the reliability of wired home internet depends not only on a service provider but also on the location. I had several service interruptions and thought the issue was with my router, so I called cisco meraki customer service to figure it out. It turned out that the problem was connected to my location. I had to buy a signal booster, but now I finally have a stable Internet at home.

Back