Anyone try to replace their home internet broadband with a 5G router from AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon?

T-Mobile has a weak signal in my rural town: 1 bar, 2 bars, sometimes 0 bars 5 minutes later and it becomes dead zone.
I've realized that with T-Mobile - they are great if you are located in a big city, but if you are in a far away rural town or at least in my town, their service signals are very weak. Perhaps they don't have enough towers in rural America, so I can't use T-Mobile.

Verizon has a very reliable network and excellent nationwide coverage, but they are just too expensive.

AT&T seems like a good sweet spot for both rural coverage and cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pew
My parents did. I believe it’s AT&T. Every time I’m over, it seems to not be working.

Definitely wouldn’t trust it for working from home.

T-Mobile has a weak signal in my rural town: 1 bar, 2 bars, sometimes 0 bars 5 minutes later and it becomes dead zone.
I've realized that with T-Mobile - they are great if you are located in a big city, but if you are in a far away rural town or at least in my town, their service signals are very weak. Perhaps they don't have enough towers in rural America, so I can't use T-Mobile.

Verizon has a very reliable network and excellent nationwide coverage, but they are just too expensive.

AT&T seems like a good sweet spot for both rural coverage and cost.
I can understand that you state T Mobile has a weak signal, but if you dont use their service for all you know you might be right near their tower. Obviously there is a tower someplace or there would be no signal at all.

Bottom line is if you were interested it takes less than 60 seconds to enter your information on their site to see if it's possible.
T Mobile will not waste your time, send out equipment and sign you up if they know it wont work.
https://www.t-mobile.com/home-internet

We have T-M 5G internet and have used it for about a month now.
It works very well and I've had to reboot the router exactly once.
For $50.00 a month all in, we're very pleased with it.
The only other option where we live is Spectrum, which sounds cheap but really isn't once you include the requirement to bundle services you don't want.

Back