Spark Plug Sticker Shock

I'm thankful I laid into car parts 1-2 years ago, sorta predicting these shortages, inflation, etc. I bought a bunch of things that I knew I'd need in the next 1-2 years at very low prices. Oil, belts, filters, plugs, etc. The common plugs I got went up 20-25%. Others up by 50%. The more boutique ones went up by more than double!!!!
I just buy parts from FCPEuro. They have a lifetime warranty on all the parts they sell so my $300 pads/rotors from 4 years ago are now $400, but really just need to pay for shipping to get replacement ones.

ya.. I guess I got lucky a couple of years ago (4-5) I bought the NGK copper plugs (v-power) for my civic from amazon, they were genuine. You can go to NGK's website and they show how to spot a fake.But most of the time I buy from NAPA and have never received a fake or damaged NGK plug. I just checked $21 or so for each of the plugs mentioned. Not too far off from the lower amazon price, plus you know that at NAPA you're not getting fakes (or any chance of it). Just my opinion.. of course :cool:

oh and that ngk.com site that says it's not NGKusa? I have to say I've bought o2 sensors from them, perfect shape and yes they're an authorized seller! Check out the "about us" section, their dad started that back in the late 60s or so. Selling ngk plugs back then! They're legitimate! I defend them because they're a small retailer and I like supporting the (honest) small business...

Why not look at the NGK Ruthenium LKAR7AHX-S?
Less expensive AND NGK claims the Ruthenium center electrode is more durable and have higher ignitability than their own iridium center electrodes.

Why not look at the NGK Ruthenium LKAR7AHX-S?
Less expensive AND NGK claims the Ruthenium center electrode is more durable and have higher ignitability than their own iridium center electrodes.
The Ruthenium plugs never fired right in my Accord. Was really excited to try and they were cheaper but they never idled right. Took them out and had Napa deliver the Laser Iridium plugs, defected out the Ruthenium ones and the Store Mgr told me KISS and stay with the Laser Iridium.

My son just bought himself a used Dodge Ram. The 5.7 uses 16 spark plugs. Yay.
Ditto for the Ford 6.2 but previous 3V owners are still ecstatic because you don't have to worry about them breaking off in the heads ;)

Still have a new box of Ir Bosch for my old 2011 Subaru. Paid nine bucks a piece, I think.

They are not built like the old weird Bosch aftermarket junk platinums from the 90's
They look like a well made Asian O.E. Ir plug, better than the latest Denso, IMO

Sold the car, the OE plugs looked fine so I left them in.

if anybody wants them cheap pm me.

Aren't they still nickel/copper for the Hemi? So they won't be too expensive. If they're not difficult to replace on that car, my choice would be NGK G-Power
No, 2014’ish they switched all 5.7’s over to iridium plugs and bumped the replacement interval appropriately. The “police package” plugs Mopar would also sell were already iridium.

The last time I did the math (which may be wrong now), it was actually cheaper to use the NGK iridium’s over the NGK copper plugs if you followed the service interval (100k iridium, 32k copper).

The problem with Rock Auto is they are they are not an authorized retailer of NGK products and they do not stock any themselves they rely on on other peoples warehouse.
I spoke with NGK some time ago and they said the most fakes come from Amazon, ebay and to my surprise Rock. I have no idea how true this is but it is what I was told. They also said AA, AZ, Napa and other chain stores are authorized retailers and actually stock the products.
With so many fakes on the market, buyer beware.
All my NGK plugs have come from Parts Authority warehouses when I've ordered from Rockauto.

Parts Authority is listed on NGK's site: https://ngksparkplugs.com/en/about-us/where-to-buy

Back