Spark Plug Sticker Shock

Have a 2016 Accord and wanted to get the correct spark plugs, GDI. Went to one of those after market OEM parts dealers and couldn’t believe the price…OEM or NGK for $43.67/ea, on “sale” for $32.75/ea. Found them on Amazon for $17.91/ea, but still. Not sure what the recommended change frequency is, but may have to push that out?

What was the part number? Rock Auto have these NGKs for $13 each. Still pricey, imo.

Attachments

• F8FA2416-BE24-48C5-9242-3A6457D358D8.jpeg
    F8FA2416-BE24-48C5-9242-3A6457D358D8.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 20
Have a 2016 Accord and wanted to get the correct spark plugs, GDI. Went to one of those after market OEM parts dealers and couldn’t believe the price…OEM or NGK for $43.67/ea, on “sale” for $32.75/ea. Found them on Amazon for $17.91/ea, but still. Not sure what the recommended change frequency is, but may have to push that out?

Be extremely careful regarding AMAZON, lots of fake NGK plugs. BTW AMAZON stock has lost 20 billion recently. At AAP we stocked a spart plug for he Ford Triton engine IIRC, that cost $22 commercial price, and i believe that CHAMPION made it

Does the car need it done now? My 14 Accord was done at 100K mi and plugs still looked very good.

Does the car need it done now? My 14 Accord was done at 100K mi and plugs still looked very good.
I changed the plugs on my Fusion at about 75k miles. When I pulled them out, visually there was almost no difference between the ones that came out of the motor and the brand-new ones.
I replaced my daughters in her Corolla when she bought it. It had the original plugs in it yet at about 185k miles! They actually didn't look terrible, probably would have been good for a while yet. IIRC I put NGKs in it.

The problem with Rock Auto is they are they are not an authorized retailer of NGK products and they do not stock any themselves they rely on on other peoples warehouse.
I spoke with NGK some time ago and they said the most fakes come from Amazon, ebay and to my surprise Rock. I have no idea how true this is but it is what I was told. They also said AA, AZ, Napa and other chain stores are authorized retailers and actually stock the products.
With so many fakes on the market, buyer beware.

Be extremely careful regarding AMAZON, lots of fake NGK plugs. BTW AMAZON stock has lost 20 billion recently. At AAP we stocked a spart plug for he Ford Triton engine IIRC, that cost $22 commercial price, and i believe that CHAMPION made it
Bezos isn't worried about it. He went to his lake house (can't remember which one) and turned the couch over. Sure enough, out dropped 20 billion. He's good.

Interesting, they show as NGK 96964…the DILKAR7H11GS is hidden under an “info” button. Probably why my search didn’t get any hits?
Thanks,
Try their Part # Search in the future. With RA you're best to delete all spaces, dashes, dots etc (none of which was applicable to this part # this time)
20220502_063834.jpg

If you have an account discount codes are simply available at top of your ACCOUNT ACTIVITY page; you just CLICK the code and it automatically applies to your cart. No need for games or searching the web

There is no indication that buying NGK plugs directly from Amazon (as opposed to a third-party seller) will result in fake plugs. Here is information from NGK to help in identifying genuine products:

Back