2012 Accord K24 spark plugs.

I’m at 117,000 and spark plug replacement has been on my mind. What’s the best choice in plugs? They’re for my 2012 Accord EX-L with the K24 engine. Someone on Driveaccorf.com mentioned Denso. I’ve only ever bought NGK for pretty much everything. What about Honda oem (whatever those would be) from the dealership?

Thanks in advance!

In my 2009 Accord, I ran both NGK Laser Iridium and the Denso Iridium and noticed no differences whatsoever. I'd buy based upon price or availability. FWIW, Denso were the OE plug in my 2009.

I’m at 117,000 and spark plug replacement has been on my mind. What’s the best choice in plugs? They’re for my 2012 Accord EX-L with the K24 engine. Someone on Driveaccorf.com mentioned Denso. I’ve only ever bought NGK for pretty much everything. What about Honda oem (whatever those would be) from the dealership?

Thanks in advance!
OE NGK, dealer plugs come pregapped. Denso seem to fail much quicker.

I use either. I actually like the Denso TT or the NGK Irdium IX as replacements. Have run both to several times 100K no issues.

i put ngk laser iridiums on both my gmc's last year in october. i wasn't expecting a big difference but my rwd sierra actually burned rubber again and i averaged 1.2mpg more and my awd denali pulled a lot harder for sure and got 0.8mpg more.

if you're gonna own it for another 100k or more put laser iridiums on it or those new rutheniums if you're feeling fancy. if you're gonna have it for another 100k or less just cheaper platinums should do you just fine. My sierra really suffered it, had about 150k on its original plugs and my denali had about 120k since i did them before.

i wouldnt go crazy over the oem ones like some do. aftermarket is fine. check oreillys website they're good for finding and cross referencing plugs.

Reactions: FZ1
i wouldnt go crazy over the oem ones like some do. aftermarket is fine. check oreillys website they're good for finding and cross referencing plugs.
To my knowledge the OEM Iridium plugs on most GM stuff are NGK Laser iridiums, if you buy a set of Delco plugs they have the laser iridium part number stamped in the plug. Delco plugs tend to be the best value when they've got the rebate going they're often times cheaper than buy NGK branded plugs plus you get the $3/plug back.

To my knowledge the OEM Iridium plugs on most GM stuff are NGK Laser iridiums, if you buy a set of Delco plugs they have the laser iridium part number stamped in the plug. Delco plugs tend to be the best value when they've got the rebate going they're often times cheaper than buy NGK branded plugs plus you get the $3/plug back.
yeah i know that a lot of oem's outsource to ngk and some others but last time i checked the oems were a bit more compared to regular platinum ngk branded ones. i didnt know about the rebate so thats a factor.

Back