So I went to Home Depot yesterday ......

.... to buy some 1/2" copper water pipe to do a repair at mom's house.

None to be found.

Went to Lowes around the corner and found 1 - 12' piece left.

I know most new builds are PEX now, but the lack of inventory in 1/2" copper was unexpected.

.... to buy some 1/2" copper water pipe to do a repair at mom's house.

None to be found.

Went to Lowes around the corner and found 1 - 12' piece left.

I know most new builds are PEX now, but the lack of inventory in 1/2" copper was unexpected.

Were you able to make do with the 12 foot pipe?

I was at HD today and learned a lesson. If you have a HD credit card, plan to use it or lose it without any notice whatsoever. It has been a while (years?) since my last purchase and had to use other credit to buy a freezer today. HD must want frequent buyers only.

HD must pay some maintenance fee per account or your account number (and possibly others) were in a compromised data system so snuffing idle cards might be wise.

HD must pay some maintenance fee per account or your account number (and possibly others) were in a compromised data system so snuffing idle cards might be wise.
You could very well be right and it wouldn't be a surprise but having the card go bye-bye with no notice is a disappointment I would've tried to avoid.

...and let's hope the cancelation of an idle account doesn't adversely impact your credit.

You never know with these bar stewards.

I closed a credit account recently and my score "allegedly" took a hit, not sure if that is the same thing.

Most people don't realize that CreditKarma is a company[/i] and therefore not trustworthy with some of the information they present to you. Coud be in THEIR interest!

What a game they've rigged.
Loads of open credit cards are said to be a liability.
Closing a credit card hits your score too?

At least temporarily. Seems to affect AAoA or Average Age of Account

Fine system Fair Isaac of FICO (Fair Isaac COrporation) has made, the fake scores attempt to reverse-engineer the secret sauce.

Checking your own score via a soft won't affect your score...

I closed a credit account recently and my score "allegedly" took a hit, not sure if that is the same thing.

I check my score a lot (free with Chase) so when I paid off my focus 6 months early, my credit took a ~10 point dive. Funny enough when I paid off the Evo, my credit score went up but my score was super low to start off with when I had that car so anything was probably a benefit.

"Good deed don't go unpunished."

And here I am cutting out all the old copper in my house whenever I can and replacing it with PEX...

I've got plenty of scrap 1/2" laying around... :LOL:

What a game they've rigged.
Loads of open credit cards are said to be a liability.
Closing a credit card hits your score too?
I learned in a financial management class years ago to always tell the customer service rep to report the account closed at customer's request; then the follow-up to make sure they actually did. You are not supposed to be penalized credit score-wise when you initiate the closure action.

Synchrony Bank does it too, I've had two Care Credit cards over the years with them and they closed them due to inactivity which does ding your credit score but supposedly not as bad as if you closed it yourself or made too many late payments and then they closed it.

Usually in about 6 months to a year it shouldn't really affect your score after that.

The Care Credit I only kept for emergencies such as the vet, dental, health, etc.... and I only used it for their special promotions there they give you X number of months at 0% so they weren't really making anything off me. I actually got a HD card because Lowe's uses Synchrony and if you search around online the reviews aren't really that good so I opted for the HD instead.

I currently have a Milwaukee 18v cordless drill set 0% for 6 months which ends in Dec and is the only charge on that card at the moment so will be super easy to pay it off by the end.

I don't use THD card that often but they always send me some promotions so they have me as a returning customer

in past a month or so, they send me, the value of $45 in cupons

there always something needed from THD especially during spring/summer time

Mail them a reply "sorry no check enclosed due to supply issues this month,"
LOL...great idea! :)

Too late though, I just called their number and used my credit card. I'll get cash back and saved the price of the stamp.

I was at HD today and learned a lesson. If you have a HD credit card, plan to use it or lose it without any notice whatsoever. It has been a while (years?) since my last purchase and had to use other credit to buy a freezer today. HD must want frequent buyers only.
Happened with me and my Lowes card. :sneaky:

Back