Should I send it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that factory fills aren't going to tell us anything about wear trends in a new engine but, I'm curious if there's any interest in seeing this one tested. I kept a sample from the first OC on our 2011 Honda Accord V6 VCM at 6300 miles (5%MM).

There have been considerable complaints of excessive oil consumption by the engine. Honda announced mods that included new oil control rings and moly impregnated piston skirts apparently as a "fix" for this. In addition, the dealer threatened us not to change the oil early and this is reinforced in the owners manual. So, because of all these factors, I'm a little curious to see how much moly is in there, how much metal (I've always been an early first change guy) and see how the TBN held up.

Anyone else interested? Do we have other UOAs on 2011 Honda VCMs?

Last edited:
BIOTG members read UOAs during breakfast rather than read the paper or watch the news. Makes for good conversation with the wife & kids. Send it in if you have got an extra 20 note.

I would be interested...but of course it's not my 20 bucks!
smile.gif

Get it done! I agree with the MANUAL (Engineers that designed your engine) to keep the initial fill in for the entire duration recommended by them (Engineers that designed your engine).

Originally Posted By: Donald
BIOTG members read UOAs during breakfast rather than read the paper or watch the news. Makes for good conversation with the wife & kids. Send it in if you have got an extra 20 note.

Yes, send it in if it won't break the bank.

Absolutely.

If it comes back with high wear numbers, you can say it's due to break-in. If it comes back with low wear numbers, you can brag on it.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: OldCowboy
Absolutely.

If it comes back with high wear numbers, you can say it's due to break-in. If it comes back with low wear numbers, you can brag on it.
thumbsup2.gif

And, it just might help out if we have any oil consumption or other warranty issues with this engine. Sample is on it's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back