Searching for a classic/vintage bike. Help me pick one

Cool old bike.

I saw a few of the Suzuki RE5 when I worked at a Suzuki shop, but never got a chance to ride one.
Very cool suggestion!!

Not my style, but man, that is a sharp bike!!

Well Mr. Kozman, my comment as you probably guessed was tongue in cheek. My buddy paid almost 80,000.00 for this bike. The sad thing is he has a true addiction to anything Indian. He is a working class guy who is depleting his savings for retirement with no intention of riding. He has over a quarter million dollars of bikes and random parts in his garage and house that is falling apart. I am sad for him. I lost his friendship a few months ago for making a comment about leaving his dogs out for coyote bait. He has lost at least three dogs to attacks due to his last minute bids on Ebay.

Not my style either.

Well Mr. Kozman, my comment as you probably guessed was tongue in cheek. My buddy paid almost 80,000.00 for this bike. The sad thing is he has a true addiction to anything Indian. He is a working class guy who is depleting his savings for retirement with no intention of riding. He has over a quarter million dollars of bikes and random parts in his garage and house that is falling apart. I am sad for him. I lost his friendship a few months ago for making a comment about leaving his dogs out for coyote bait. He has lost at least three dogs to attacks due to his last minute bids on Ebay.

Not my style either.
I am sorry to hear about your friend. Seems as he suffers from the same "hoarding" instincts as my mother. It dstroyed the last 10 years of her life. Now what pisses me off is leaving the dogs out!!

Funny you should mention that. I found myself interested in a almost new to brand new Yamaha Tracer for the exact same reason as you. Price is right around what you want to spend and its new. Not sure about size since you are 6'4"
Thing is with the classics, will you always be able to find parts? I assume you have the time to work on it as well, something lacking in my life right now. *L*
Anyway, love the idea of the Tracer, wife is fine if I get one, as long as we keep the Road King. But for me, that is the problem, dont want two bikes in the garage and dont want to spend the money on two.

Kozman011: A friend of mine just posted on facebook he's selling his "garage kept" 1978 Kawasaki KZ650 for $800 firm. Color is green with 21,800 miles. I believe he's original owner since he said he's owned it 41 years. A nice classic 4 cylinder 4 stroke that's only 2 hours north of central Ohio. I realize you said 750cc or larger. But what the heck?
120184507_3893302900686915_6142351341060988877_n.jpg

120287942_3893303067353565_1280697965081121907_n.jpg

Last edited:
Kozman011: A friend of mine just posted on facebook he's selling his "garage kept" 1978 Kawasaki KZ650 for $800 firm. Color is green with 21,800 miles. I believe he's original owner since he said he's owned it 41 years. A nice classic 4 cylinder 4 stroke that's only 2 hours north of central Ohio. I realize you said 750cc or larger. But what the heck?View attachment 30271
View attachment 30272
That looks clean! For 800 bucks, I might just be interested. Where in Ohio? I'm essentially in Columbus.

Back