Say Goodbye to the Camaro.

Said goodbye a long time ago LOL

GM will offer a collector's edition package of the 2024 Camaro RS and SS in North America, and a limited number of high-performance ZL-1 Camaros.

Oh god don't do it! I bought a limited Anniversary 2002 1LE brand new factory ordered, paid like $37k. I had to sell it back in 2013 after they brought it back. 9/10 condition, 18k miles on it. Sold it for $17k and there weren't a lot of interested folks. Sure if I still had it now I would almost break even if you ignored inflation. Collector's Edition my a$$.

They will bring the Camaro back, just have to wait to build up the demand again. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

I've always been more of a Mustang guy, but when they quit making the Camaro the last time (2001ish?) I remember seeing 2 full car transporters loaded with last year SS Camaro's going down the interstate and the though of there not being any more made did make me pretty sad at the time..

Can’t deny that these ran some good track times

6CF9D4EE-F6DA-4F40-821D-34EBC14B158F.jpeg

Back in the 90s I had a 1993 Z28, the first year of the 4th Generation Camaro. That was a nice car. It had the LT1 350 engine from the Corvette and T-56 6-speed manual transmission. Amazing performance for the price. On long trips I got upwards of 24 MPG.

In my opinion, GM really missed an opportunity with the Camaro. In my opinion, the 68-69 era, and the 71 era, had among the best iconic aesthetics of any muscle cars. I think most would agree. The forward stance, big round headlights, aggressive but not ridiculous appearance. GM also had other extremely popular retro models like the 77 Firebird and the "Nightrider" Trans Am.

So obviously, if you're a GM design engineer, you'd garner all that emotional throwback and put together models that aesthetically throw back to those, right? Rrriiggghhttt??? No. Instead, you do a cash grab and use the name with nothing that remotely reminds anyone of a Camaro or Firebird. It was an absolute mistake and I just cannot understand why GM execs are so dumb and seem to have no idea what consumers want sometimes.

I drove a friend's Camaro about 10 years ago. I was underwhelmed. It was too low, like sitting on the ground. It felt extremely cheap and visibility was atrocious. GM missed a real opportunity IMHO.

As much as I don't like EVs, if they do revive the Camaro I would strongly advise a true retro look.

Back