Another Ford recall.

SUVs that can catch fire. Ford recommends you park them outside. This covers Expedition and Navigator.

I have 10,000 miles on my 2021 Ford Escape (Company vehicle, no way in hell I would EVER buy anything FORD.)

I think I have 4 recalls in the 5 months I have owned it? Brakes (separate one for front and rear, still waiting on parts for almost 4 months now), oil separator (which could cause oil leaking and fire.....) and something to do with the programming, can't recall exactly what now. Everything is done except the brakes. Waiting 4 months for brake pads. Still not in.

And they hired an ex-Toyota guy as CEO to run the ship at Ford.

Hate to break it to you Ford, but while Toyota is very overrated and their cars are now on the same throwaway and cheapness level as a Detroit product, quality is cultural. Too bad you can’t steer the UAW guys into caring and the bean counters have rule.

Like I said in another thread, Toyota Quality is basically running an efficient production line with little waste, treating your workers on a egalitarian basis, engineering quality control into manufacturing and automating where it’s too dangerous for humans to do the work.

Hate to break it to you Ford, but while Toyota is very overrated and their cars are now on the same throwaway and cheapness level as a Detroit product, quality is cultural. Too bad you can’t steer the UAW guys into caring and the bean counters have rule.

The UAW guys have nothing to do with the engineering screwups that result in these recalls.

It's like blaming a McDonald's restaurant employee for the way McDonald's food tastes.

Those decisions are made way higher up in the food chain.

This notice, 22S36 is still in "Advance Notice" so there is no service procedure or even parts we can order. I am fully anticipating getting screamed at by people who don't read the letter.

The UAW guys have nothing to do with the engineering screwups that result in these recalls.

It's like blaming a McDonald's restaurant employee for the way McDonald's food tastes.

That common sense doesn’t fly around here, the opinions will never change, and I couldn’t be paid to click on that news source link. Made the mistake once on streaming channels, one minute and OMG is this even possible.

Sometimes the 'UAW guys' are to blame....sometimes they aren't. I still remember the videos of guys drinking booze and smoking pot at lunch time at UAW plants. Would you want to buy a car screwed together by a guy who is stoned.

Sometimes the 'UAW guys' are to blame....sometimes they aren't. I still remember the videos of guys drinking booze and smoking pot at lunch time at UAW plants. Would you want to buy a car screwed together by a guy who is stoned.

In business, by definition, management is responsible for running the company and ongoing success of the company.
If line workers are drinking on the job or whatever, management needs to address the problem.

And they hired an ex-Toyota guy as CEO to run the ship at Ford.

Like I said in another thread, Toyota Quality is basically running an efficient production line with little waste, treating your workers on a egalitarian basis, engineering quality control into manufacturing and automating where it’s too dangerous for humans to do the work.
I mostly disagree with the line worker stuff but 100% agree with the bean counter stuff.
Toyota gave every worker the responsibility to stop the line if they believed there was a problem.
In the 1980's I knew a few Fremont GM employees who told me, "The line does not stop regardless."
"We ain't got time to build it right but we sure got time to fix it later!"

Toyota still does the same boneheaded engineering screw ups, so does Honda and Hyundai. VW/Mercedes/BMW and Ford IMO have similar engineering MOs - complicated engineering for engineering’s sake.

Back