Ford warns of Lincolns catching fire

LINK

"Ford is telling owners of more than 140,000 SUVs in the U.S. to park them outside because they can catch fire even when the engines are turned off.

The company is recalling certain Lincoln MKC SUVs from the 2015 to 2019 model years. Ford says a short-circuit can develop in the 12-volt battery monitor sensor. It can overheat and cause an engine compartment fire while parked or in motion."

I have a 2015 MKC and I received the recall notice and more recently a reminder to get it fixed. What made me think of it today is the fact that I just changed the battery. From what I understand, the area I outlined in red is the cable/sensor that monitors the charging rate and where they are supposed to put an inline fuse during the recall repair. Anyone else have this done? Wondering if I am correct about the placement of the fuse.

battery markup.jpg

Sorta like the old ford pickup recall some years ago, the first recall fixed the wrong wire so there was a second recall. Also would cause a fire. Note how in non running ICE vehicles its always electrical that causes fires.

Back