2010 Camaro: Overhyped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: BuickGN
The interior is not that bad at all. I've sat in one and driven one. It's on par with other cars in it's class, no worse than the Mustang and better than others.

I think it is notably worse than the 2010 Mustang interior, which is leaps and bounds better than the 05-09 interior.

In that case I stand corrected. Didn't realize the 2010 interior was different than the '09 that I've been in.

If GM can maintain the sales pace of the new Camaro, it will have achieved its goal of a high unit profit car that sells in good volume.
The Camaro is not my cup of tea, although I realy admired every generation of the car before.
Camaro style always put the Mustang on the trailer, in my eyes.
This is not true of the current car, to me.
If I were in the market for such a car, I would be shopping the local Ford dealers.
From some of what I have read above, however, GM has yet to learn that while you may sell one car to an individual, that person will never buy another from the company if the car dissapoints after the first flush of new wears off.

Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
MotorTrend prefers the Hyundai Genesis coupe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErezdY2Ct7I

So does Car and Driver, unless you include the "gotta have it" factor!

I've seen a few Geneses around, and they look good. Based on looks alone, I could never own the Camaro. It just seems like its trying too hard. I sat in one and visibility also seemed to be poor, though the interior smell reminded me of some good times when my buddy first bought his Trans Am.

While the Hyundai Genesis seems like a hit for Hyundai I still cannot see it as an equal car to the Camaro segment wise. The Camaro fills a different part of the market. Just my opinion, the Genesis may be more "polished" but it lacks the character of the American big V8 car. No foriegn maker has yet to really match that factor. I'll take gruff over finesse in a sportscar. That's also why I prefer Corvettes to Nissan Z's...V8 over V6. BOth are very good cars, I'm just more American good ole boy who wants a loud V8 over a smooth little engine. (My GN is my only exception!)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
It's GM's job to hype up their cars...
I haven't been in a new Camaro but I think its primary objectives have been met well, it looks and sounds mean and goes like stink in a straight line.

The new Camaro is pretty quick...by 2003's standards.

Yeah well when the base V6 camaro nearly matches the V8 Mustang (see Car & Driver) that is fast....in 2010 standards.

Which V8 Mustang? The GT, the GT500 the GT500 KR? The last two are 500 and 540HP respectively........

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
It's GM's job to hype up their cars...
I haven't been in a new Camaro but I think its primary objectives have been met well, it looks and sounds mean and goes like stink in a straight line.

The new Camaro is pretty quick...by 2003's standards.

Yeah well when the base V6 camaro nearly matches the V8 Mustang (see Car & Driver) that is fast....in 2010 standards.

Which V8 Mustang? The GT, the GT500 the GT500 KR? The last two are 500 and 540HP respectively........

Of course the regular GT. Those others are beasts!

Last edited:
*******EDITED DUE TO REPLIED-TO POST BEING EDITED********

Yes, they are. And like the '03/'04 Cobra cars, they offer a lot of "performance growth" once you are in.

The DI V6 for the Camaro is impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
There is a reason they code named it the Terminator......It killed the Camaro once and for all!

That was the idea. Ford knew that GM was killing the F-body and the plan was to give it a huge kick in the arse on the way out.

There is a reason they code named it the Terminator......It killed the Camaro once and for all!

That was the idea. Ford knew that GM was killing the F-body and the plan was to give it a huge kick in the arse on the way out.

And they succeeded.

And they succeeded.

Indeed. And produced one of the best looking Mustangs in the process (IMHO).

fullersdfd24.jpg

Sonic Blue!.....That was the color of mine, I miss her!

What happened? That is by far my favourite colour.

A GF happened.....That car scared her to death. The GF is now gone....I only miss the car tho!

Lesson learned!

Oh man, that is horrible!!! Was it stock or modded?

Fairly stock. I had an exhaust, intake, PHP shifter and tune, pulley...the usual bolt ons. As you know, put a couple grand into one of these things and your all set. I never tracked or dynoed her but Paul from PHP in Jackson drove her once and just grinned from ear to ear, they were special cars

I wanted to get a GT500 to replace it but the dealers werent doing A-plan back in 07 on the Cobra, so I got an 06 Pontiac(Holden)GTO

Yes, those cars were magic. A friend and client of mine owns TORQ in Florida. He had an '03 with a set of twins on her and a solid axle swap. Car was mental. Yet could be daily driven with ease.

Yeah the positive displacement SC on them stock was rather conservative. I've heard that the Kenne Bell chargers really light em up.

Did he break the 31 splines with the twin screw or did he do the swap before hand? I'm curious because I always wondered how much abuse those half shafts could take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back