Salsa, do you buy it or make your own?

I've never found a salsa outside of a good Mexican restaurant that I like. And the best way to judge a good Mexican restaurant is by the chips and salsa. If it's good,the food will be too. And I also prefer my salsa to be served cold. I've never liked it served warm,which some restaurants do.

I make my own in a Ninja blender, using this recipe:
https://www.ninjakitchen.com/recipes/search/0/all/100062/fresh-tomato-salsa/

The only other ingredient in addition to above is fresh minced garlic (about 2 cloves). All our friends love it. It goes well with ChiChi's original tortilla chips.

This past year the serrano peppers came from my own plant. Since serrano spice level can vary quite a bit, add more or less to taste.
My wife made a batch of this today and everyone enjoyed it. Thanks QP!

I make my own salsa and pico de gallo. I'm with those who omit beans and corn. Cilantro is a must. I also have a coworker who supplies me, among other edibles, mostly baked goods, with her homemade salsa and chili. It's all good stuff but I give most of her baked goods to my sweet-toothed neighbors. Because I'm not getting any fatter she keeps giving me more pastries.:ROFLMAO:

My sister makes salsa it’s good but cost $8 a jar 😳. So is the kind from the store and Mexican restaurant as well. As long as it’s mild I’m fine I can do medium sometimes too but that hot salsa I can’t do it and it makes my nose run really bad lol.

I start with a packet of salsa mix from "Concord Farms" available at most supermarkets and use my home grown Roma Tomatoes and Jalapenos. Sweet Onions and Garlic also is added. I freeze some too. Cilantro sounds like a good idea, About How much cilantro should i add to a pound of Tomatoes ?

I start with a packet of salsa mix from "Concord Farms" available at most supermarkets and use my home grown Roma Tomatoes and Jalapenos. Sweet Onions and Garlic also is added. I freeze some too. Cilantro sounds like a good idea, About How much cilantro should i add to a pound of Tomatoes ?
I'd say maybe 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro per pound tomatoes.

I have a recipe called Mexican garbage which is more of a pico than a salsa that I make. For store bought wally has Clint's salsa which is how I like it, no chunks but thick, Inca is another one I like that Hy-vee carries. Love it on omelets.

Since the girlfriend has a big garden we make our own salsa with some jalapenos, garlic, green peppers, herbs and diced tomatoes and tomato juice and some corn and black or kidney beans. How about you folks? Sorry if I'm talking a lot about food by the way
grin2.gif
Yes

Back