Runny Eggs and Good Bread Toasted

Sometimes, simple foods really hit the spot.
I eat a minimum of a dozen eggs a week.
My cholesterol? Under 200, the eggs helped lower it.

put you right.jpg

I eat around a dozen eggs a week too. I like a nice over easy egg (OP's look about right) but I also like them fried so they get a little crispy around the edges by spooning the oil over the top, have to be quick so you don't over cook the yolk. About the only way I really don't like them is hard boiled.

I often give raw yolks to my cats, and I add raw yolks to my fruit smoothies often, so I've been saving the whites and cooking them later.
Supposedly, the avidin in raw egg whites bind with biotin in the GI tract.

I love eggs but any time I cook them I have five kids that want to eat them also. Egg sandwiches is a dozen eggs, loaf of bread and half pound of ham. Scrambled eggs if I don’t cook more than a dozen and a half there is nothing left for me and my wife. Luckily I get all the fresh eggs I need.

I like over easy eggs but I usually break the yolks after I flip them. Breaking the yolks as soon as you crack the egg just isn’t the right consistency.

Recent studies show that eggs don't produce cholesterol in your arteries. I like them with rye toast.

IIRC eggs were attacked by the big cereal corporations in an effort to remove eggs from the table and of course, add cereal in the eggs place. Three kids and I go through 7 dozen eggs in about 3 weeks. The dogs often get yolks from hard boiled eggs.

I've seen many free range eggs, the type with deep orange yolks, smell foul if they're not cooked enough, aka runny. I don't know what causes this but the smell can really bug me sometimes. The deep orange yolks are a good sign of beta carotene and high quality but watch out for the odor.

As always, thank you Mr. Luke for sharing the simple pleasures of life. For me, just a bit of Frank's Hot Sauce is perfection.

One of the best highlights of my vacation this past week was finding an absolutely awesome, authentic greasy spoon diner in Normal, Illinois. Kellers: https://www.kellerscatering.com/

Steak and eggs, omelets at $6 and everything else below that. Simply awesome, genuine atmosphere. Typical diner food. I live to find these places on road trips. Americana at its best.

I've seen many free range eggs, the type with deep orange yolks, smell foul if they're not cooked enough, aka runny. I don't know what causes this but the smell can really bug me sometimes. The deep orange yolks are a good sign of beta carotene and high quality but watch out for the odor.
I have eaten true free range chicken eggs from my property for 20+ years as seen in my post and never had this odor or whatever you are talking about.

Back