Rotella T6 turned into jelly

Most older walmart employees always ask me for receipt and card to refund back to and wont give cash unless you show receipt that you paid with cash. Seems they took advantage of a young kid early in the morning to pull whatever that was they did. They got away with it. Whatever IT was.
These days the latest fad is to obtain receipts from the parking lots of major stores (WM etc.)
Then proceed into the store, take that item off the shelf and proceed to customer service with the receipt and ask for a "refund" on the item.

These days the latest fad is to obtain receipts from the parking lots of major stores (WM etc.)
Then proceed into the store, take that item off the shelf and proceed to customer service with the receipt and ask for a "refund" on the item.
absolutely.
even funnier when people try to return dollar general product to a reg store.. and you point out their crackhead mistake to the service desk person lol

I will have to check that out. My latest jug had the clear cap.
Was just checking on the status of an order at Amazon and ran across this image which does not have a clear cap, now I worried. The image of the back shows it's the latest.

61CJHOSITXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Years ago I worked at Lowe’s Home Improvement after high school into college. We had a regular customer come in a couple times a week to return items, but never bought anything that I could remember. Most of his returns we under $10 or were paid with a debit card. One day I assisted him with a return and I put the refund amount back to the debit card that was used on the receipt. Debit card purchases were given cash refunds if the amount was under $10, anything over $10 the customer had the choice of cash or back to the debit card. Well he raised a big fuss about how I credited his debit card instead of offering the cash on a >$10 return. This was years ago, not sure if it’s still the current process.

He complained to my manager and my manager told me afterwards that the guy is a thief, and that his daughter got fired from Lowe’s years prior and he has been fraudulently returning items as revenge ever since. Turned out it wasn’t his debit card so that’s why he was so mad. He would go around to all the Lowe’s stores in the area, digging for receipts out of the trash cans. He then goes inside (on an electric scooter no less) and grabs the item off the shelf that matches what’s on the receipt. He then proceeds to return the items.

I asked why we don’t press charges, but Lowe’s had a policy that they won’t press shoplifting or any fraud charges on people of a certain age. I have no idea if that policy is still in effect. I want to say it was 60 years of age but I could be wrong. We knew his age because he had returned items without a receipt. If you ever return something without a receipt at Lowe’s, you had to provide your DL or state issued ID so we could track how many receiptless returns you made. I’m sure that’s probably still the same policy now. I’m so glad I only worked retail in my teens-early 20’s. Working directly with the public can be such a drag.

Last edited:
Handling the field work for oil claims was part of my job. Contact Shell and tell them you want to make a claim for damages. You may need to do some more tear down and find actual engine damage. You'll need to give them some of the residue you got from the pan. A pint should suffice. They'll give it a good testing, much more thorough than a $30 Blackstone UOA. When complete, they'll give you their results, and will pay, or more likely, deny the claim. But you'll get a very good answer as to what happened to the oil.

Last edited:
Hey guys, my father has a 2013 TDI golf with approx 324000km(201324 miles). Oil used in the car is Rotella T6 and oil changes have been completed every time the counter in the car indicates the vehicle is due. Recently he ran into a no start situation which was diagnosed as a clogged DPF by VW. The DPF was changed under warranty at the dealer and when the tech started the car he claimed that the oil light came on so he checked the oil and found it was down roughy 2 quarts. Tech decided it would be better to just change the oil completely. So tech pulls the oil plug and oil leaves the pan very slowly, and is stating he believes the engine is heavily sludged up and wants to pull the oil pan for further inspection. It’s at this point that I instruct my Dad to have the car towed to my place as this wasn’t adding up, I performed the last oil change on the car and noticed no issue at all with the oil draining. So car comes to my place and I pull the oil pan off and find massive amounts of this jelly sludge. It has a rubbery texture and breaks apart fairly easily in your hands. I was able to clean out the oil pan fairly easily as it doesn’t appear to stick to aluminum very well, the windage tray and oil pickup(plastic) however is a different story. I’m currently soaking these parts in varsol, which has helped with loosening the deposits however deposits do no appear to be dissolving, rather it looks like a bunch of permatex silicon floating around in the varsol. In doing some google searches I saw that coolant in the oil can cause this sort of thing, however we haven’t had to add any coolant to the car. Car had some front end work completed a couple of months ago, I’m concerned someone may have sabotaged his engine figuring him has an easy target(he’s 80 years old) . Would love any and all feedback!! Thanks!!
I'm calling ********. I've been around too many engines in my life to believe this crap. There is no way in the world this was caused by Rotella T6 or any other oil and proper maintenance. This post is ********.

Hey guys, my father has a 2013 TDI golf with approx 324000km(201324 miles). Oil used in the car is Rotella T6 and oil changes have been completed every time the counter in the car indicates the vehicle is due. Recently he ran into a no start situation which was diagnosed as a clogged DPF by VW. The DPF was changed under warranty at the dealer and when the tech started the car he claimed that the oil light came on so he checked the oil and found it was down roughy 2 quarts. Tech decided it would be better to just change the oil completely. So tech pulls the oil plug and oil leaves the pan very slowly, and is stating he believes the engine is heavily sludged up and wants to pull the oil pan for further inspection. It’s at this point that I instruct my Dad to have the car towed to my place as this wasn’t adding up, I performed the last oil change on the car and noticed no issue at all with the oil draining. So car comes to my place and I pull the oil pan off and find massive amounts of this jelly sludge. It has a rubbery texture and breaks apart fairly easily in your hands. I was able to clean out the oil pan fairly easily as it doesn’t appear to stick to aluminum very well, the windage tray and oil pickup(plastic) however is a different story. I’m currently soaking these parts in varsol, which has helped with loosening the deposits however deposits do no appear to be dissolving, rather it looks like a bunch of permatex silicon floating around in the varsol. In doing some google searches I saw that coolant in the oil can cause this sort of thing, however we haven’t had to add any coolant to the car. Car had some front end work completed a couple of months ago, I’m concerned someone may have sabotaged his engine figuring him has an easy target(he’s 80 years old) . Would love any and all feedback!! Thanks!!
NO WAY!

Probably a combination of several factors, such as engine problems, Canadian cold & humidity, and going cheapo and using the wrong type of oil (ACEA E9 instead of ACEA C3 with VW 507.00 approval) to save money. Also note that sludge happens over time over several OCIs.

Looks like this type of thing has happened with the MB guys as well, appears they were using the right MB oil.
https://mbworld.org/forums/diesel-forum/585587-another-2010-ml350-bluetec-engine-seized-2.html

At least based on the comments in that thread this was not the correct oil for engine as the engine had AdBlue and oil for an engine without AdBlue. Incorrect oil was at least in part MBs reason for denying coverage.

Which brings up another point. Was DEF aded to the Golf when it had the TDI Fix (does Canada have the TDI Fix).

Did you ever figure out wha the recommended and actual change intervals have been?

At least based on the comments in that thread this was not the correct oil for engine as the engine had AdBlue and oil for an engine without AdBlue. Incorrect oil was at least in part MBs reason for denying coverage.

Which brings up another point. Was DEF aded to the Golf when it had the TDI Fix (does Canada have the TDI Fix).

Did you ever figure out wha the recommended and actual change intervals have been?
What does DEF have to do with the oil?

Back