Rotella T6 turned into jelly

You've spoken about overall oil change history (every time the reminder came on), but I don't see anything in the OP about time or mileage since the most recent change. Any insight there?
I did the last one at the end of April, at that time oil drained perfectly fine,approx 5 litres came out, I know this because the old oil went into the jug the new stuff came out of. I’d say since the change he’s driven about 6000kms(3700miles)

Only time I've seen something similar was on another forum and the guy was burning veggie oil. Apparently some sort of reaction from unprocessed fryer/veggie/peanut oil caused the crankcase oil to jelly up like this.
I saw that one too, this car is nothing fancy, has always burned the regular#2

I'm sure I remember a thread almost identical to this one on here. It was a Lexus and I'm sure the general consensus was the oil must have been sabotaged in the shop. I.e. someone bought a bottle, used it, filled it up with something else and returned it for a refund etc.

I'm sure I remember a thread almost identical to this one on here. It was a Lexus and I'm sure the general consensus was the oil must have been sabotaged in the shop. I.e. someone bought a bottle, used it, filled it up with something else and returned it for a refund etc.
Really the only thing that makes sense.

Rotella is not the "correct" oil for a CR TDI but it does just fine. It certainly doesn't do this.

There was a similar one here.

It was M1 from WalMart IIRC.

Yes what about the pump pickup and on top of the head?
Pump pickup had some congestion, haven’t pulled the valve cover yet.
Very strange. I'd get some samples and send them to both Shell and Blackstone if they would be willing to investigate.
I’m planning on taking a sample of the sludge to Shell for analysis

To late now but I would have grabbed a sample to send off. It could have explained a lot, especially if there was a coolant leak.

I would replace the pickup tube not just clean it with that in there. Something isn't right but what I wouldn't even guess.
Pickup is actually really easy to clean on these cars, it’s what’s in the rest of the oil galleries that worries me

Back