Reason NOT to use Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Hmmm...tough choice between RP and Amsoil...What to use?

I have read that you can use RP up to 12,000 miles in a properly running engine.

I probably will stick with Pennzoil Platinum or maybe try the Castrol Edge.

Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro

HUSH! That just simply cant be so! That guy has no clue what he is talking about because according to the API nut huggers amsoil is no good!

The API guys cannot say anything on the Amsoil oil as they never saw it. Need to be tested before saying anything about it.

So instead of an Amsoil bashing thread, you want to make it an API bashing thread?
Still sounds as bad as any bashing thread to me.

BTW, if you read more carefully the thread throughfully, you would see most of people don't bash Amsoil oils, they just say that may not be (the word may is used to explain that this is their opinion) the best oil to use by the OP, and as contrary as other threads, they explain why with facts.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: sbergman27
do Amsoil's non-XL oils even look like they would meet the Phosphorus and Zinc requirements that the auto industry just recently threatened to withdraw support for API (as opposed to ILSAC) certifications over?

-Steve

Not only do they look like it, they DO meet the P and Zn limits when claiming SM compliance.

There are formulators out there (not saying AMSOIL is one of them...) that can mimic Zn, Ca and P levels, but NOT pass the engine tests.

I fully believe that Amsoil products are put through the engine tests, but they simply don't pay the licensing fees.

On a related note, sounds like some of the big oil companies will not officially license Dexos 1 due to royalty fees from GM, but will stand behind their product claiming it will NOT void OEM warranties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back