Quick help:Majestic fireplace lighting pilot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold in for one minute or longer, then turn to the high position. May want to monitor the time since time doesn't fly when you're having this kind of fun. Continue to increase the time and eventually it will stay lit.

OK - but I need to put the logs back on...so can I just keep it pushed in 1 min and release WHILE on PILOT position? (and not HIGH?) that way I can put logs back on, if I have it on high that will be hard to do...

Yes, it should stay lit on the pilot setting without being pushed in. Then put the logs in and go to the setting of your choice.

As an aside, I think the off/pilot/high/low control should have a knob at the end of the control shaft. It might have the instructions to push in on it. It appears to be missing and you may want to get a knob later.

Q: I did get the pilot light to come on. (I updated about that a few posts ago). But never needed to keep it going. We never lost power but thanks to you and the bitog helpers here I know how to do it now.

Q - you were right from the start - manually with a match IS the only way to light the type we have - it doesn't have an igniter button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back