Majestic Fireplace Question

Greetings!

I have an older (I think from 1995) Majestic Ventless Fireplace. Since I moved in I did not even try to see if it worked. I just tried today and it worked! I just have a couple questions. Does anyone know if you can change the flame size to the pilot? I have to manually light the pilot. It starts fine but when lit it sounds like a blow torcher and looks like one. Wasn’t sure if I can tone it down a tad. The log set is a Majestic Log model VL21.
Couple more questions I promise (sorry I am such a newbie on this)
1. Is it normal to smell gas when it is lit? There is no smell when it is off, just when it is on. After awhile it can get alittle overbearing.
2. Is there a specific distance the actual grate and logs should be either from the front of the fireplace or back? Or I guess, how do I know if I have it positioned right inside of the fire place?
3. Last. I have a Donte Log Ignitor Valve in the wall on the left side of the fireplace. Turning the key to the left is "open" and turning it to the right is "closed" The key now, is as far "open" as it can be. However, when I try to turn the key to close it, it just keeps going. When I keep turning, to me it feels like it is getting looser and looser. I am afraid to keep turning it and break something. I take it that is not normal right? Would/Could that be a DIY Project?

During operation or when lit you should not smell any gas. If you are, something isn't right and needs to be fixed.

If its a ventless unit, make sure you have a CO detector and use it.

Owners manuals appear to be readily available on the web by searching the model #.

You smell gas? Is the house insurance paid up? Is your will up to date?
Do you have small children or animals? If your answer is YES to any one of these questions,
you should get that checked out right away by a professional.
I personally wouldn't want to supply any information that could
possibly cause devastation to you or anyone else.

Log lighters are for starting wood logs on fire in a conventional fireplace. This needs to be removed or deactivated when converting to gas logs.

Ventless gas fireplaces are no longer sold and should no longer be used due to their health risks.

Log lighters are for starting wood logs on fire in a conventional fireplace. This needs to be removed or deactivated when converting to gas logs.

Ventless gas fireplaces are no longer sold and should no longer be used due to their health risks.
They are still sold.

Greetings!

I have an older (I think from 1995) Majestic Ventless Fireplace. Since I moved in I did not even try to see if it worked. I just tried today and it worked! I just have a couple questions. Does anyone know if you can change the flame size to the pilot? I have to manually light the pilot. It starts fine but when lit it sounds like a blow torcher and looks like one. Wasn’t sure if I can tone it down a tad. The log set is a Majestic Log model VL21.
Couple more questions I promise (sorry I am such a newbie on this)
1. Is it normal to smell gas when it is lit? There is no smell when it is off, just when it is on. After awhile it can get alittle overbearing.
2. Is there a specific distance the actual grate and logs should be either from the front of the fireplace or back? Or I guess, how do I know if I have it positioned right inside of the fire place?
3. Last. I have a Donte Log Ignitor Valve in the wall on the left side of the fireplace. Turning the key to the left is "open" and turning it to the right is "closed" The key now, is as far "open" as it can be. However, when I try to turn the key to close it, it just keeps going. When I keep turning, to me it feels like it is getting looser and looser. I am afraid to keep turning it and break something. I take it that is not normal right? Would/Could that be a DIY Project?
I would get someone that installs, services gas logs, to check the entire system out. Gas leak or incomplete combustion is deadly. The valve you say feels loose scares me. Could it leak NG into the wall void? That would be an explosive problem. Get someone to check it out ASAP!

Back