Pulled the trigger: '15 Challenger Scat Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
And what's the fastest way for somebody who already has a Bachelors degree to move over to your line if work? And if you say military.... I'm gonna kick myself in the arse.

What are you talking about?

Whats your line of work is what i meant.

Thanks for the congrats everyone, I absolutely love the car.

Gman- yes they still call it Sublime Green

BigD1- I had no issue insuring it with my existing insurance, which is Geico

SumpChump- me and my wife are both in the medical field

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
In the movie Vanishing Point, why was Kowalski in such a rush to deliver the car ?

A bet and a bunch of drugs.

What side of town are you on? I'm in Mesa but commute to central Pnoenix everyday. I might see you driving it around, it's quite noticeable!

And 120 miles away, is there a Dodge dealer in Prescott?

Originally Posted By: BigD1
That car is the essence of the muscle car era. Congrats and enjoy.

One question about insurance. Do normal insurance companies insure that type of car? Reason I ask is because when I bought a 1979 Tran Am back in the day, I could only find one place in town that would insure it because of the high performance.

I'm insured with Safeco and have been checking premiums for the cars I've been looking at(Camaro SS 1LE, Challenger Scat Pack/SRT, Mustang GT, STI). Safeco will insure any of them at reasonable rates; IIRC, the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger Scat Pack premiums were all within $100/year of the premium for a Mini Cooper S that my wife was considering. A 2012 Boss 302 was dead cheap at @$1,100 year...

Congrats!

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: BigD1
That car is the essence of the muscle car era. Congrats and enjoy.

One question about insurance. Do normal insurance companies insure that type of car? Reason I ask is because when I bought a 1979 Tran Am back in the day, I could only find one place in town that would insure it because of the high performance.

I'm insured with Safeco and have been checking premiums for the cars I've been looking at(Camaro SS 1LE, Challenger Scat Pack/SRT, Mustang GT, STI). Safeco will insure any of them at reasonable rates; IIRC, the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger Scat Pack premiums were all within $100/year of the premium for a Mini Cooper S that my wife was considering. A 2012 Boss 302 was dead cheap at @$1,100 year...

Safeco/Liberty is a great company as well -- very reputable.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
What side of town are you on? I'm in Mesa but commute to central Pnoenix everyday. I might see you driving it around, it's quite noticeable!

I'm in the Mesa/Gilbert area as well. Yes there is, I bought it from York Dodge in Prescott.

In the movie Vanishing Point, why was Kowalski in such a rush to deliver the car ?
I love when the guy in Jaguar instigates a race, blows a tire and wrecks.

The race.

Awesome!!!
thumbsup2.gif

What a great car, and a really neat colour, I'm sure you are going to absolutely love it!

Lots of these new LX cars showing up on the board lately, they definitely have a hit with them
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: panthermike

I'm in the Mesa/Gilbert area as well. Yes there is, I bought it from York Dodge in Prescott.

CONGRATS on the SWEET ride!!
thumbsup2.gif
19.gif
20.gif

They really are great looking (and riding/performing) cars.

But Prescott is really THAT far north of the greater Phoenix area??
Somehow I don't recall it being that long a ride, and I was coming all the way up from school in Tucson when we were visiting someone from our dorm floor who lived there.
21.gif

But that was a LONG LONG time ago (1975), so maybe I forgot just how far it was?

Awesome. Anyone that dogs it for being automatic is a fool. Its just too good of an A/T and too much power.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: panthermike

CONGRATS on the SWEET ride!!
thumbsup2.gif
19.gif
20.gif

They really are great looking (and riding/performing) cars.

But Prescott is really THAT far north of the greater Phoenix area??
Somehow I don't recall it being that long a ride, and I was coming all the way up from school in Tucson when we were visiting someone from our dorm floor who lived there.
21.gif

But that was a LONG LONG time ago (1975), so maybe I forgot just how far it was?
Out here in the east valley yeah it's about 120 miles. In the north valley it's about 90 miles there.

My dad lives in Prescott so I go up there all the time, probably 10-12 times at least this year. Actually I'm going up there on Saturday.

Any drag strips near by?

Maybe at 5K miles take it down the 1/4 mile.

Don't wait. I took mine to the strip with 700 miles on it. Enjoy a few passes. @Won't hurt a thing...

What does 'Scat Pack' mean?

In the UK and much of Europe the term 'Scat' is used to refer to people who gain sexual pleasure from the act of defecating on one another..

Originally Posted By: Olas

In the UK and much of Europe the term 'Scat' is used to refer to people who gain sexual pleasure from the act of defecating on one another..

The term is from old Chrysler ads in the 60's and 70's. Quite innocent...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Olas

The term is from old Chrysler ads in the 60's and 70's. Quite innocent...

I fully suspected it would be innocent, but what does it mean?

It was an option package on high performance cars designed to make them quicker in a straight line. Very popular with collectors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back