Pulled the trigger: '15 Challenger Scat Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
After much research and test driving, I purchased a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack on Saturday. It was the color I wanted and I was happy to find it since it was the only one in the state(120 miles from me) and Dodge is pulling it for '16 opting for Plum Crazy Purple instead. Some may remember my thread comparing the Mustang 5.0 and Challenger S/P: S/P vs Mustang 5.0

This time around I drove the S/P 8 spd auto, the 5.0 AT, and the Camaro SS AT. Hands down I liked the Challenger overall the best. The Mustang was nice but the AT isn't very good and it's cramped compared to the S/P. The Camaro was also nice but I hated the interior. I know the '16 Camaro is new but I don't care for the styling. Overall, the Mustang and Camaro didn't evoke the constant grin on my face as the S/P did.

Onto the car; I love it! Excellent ride, interior is top notch, the motor is amazing, and the ZF 8spd is just a gem. I typically go for the manual, but the ZF is great and since my wife needs to drive this sometimes, I went for the AT. The Green really stands out, lot's of thumbs up from car guys, bikers, everyone really.

As for oil; probably PUP 0w40, not sure if anyone else carries the MS-12633 spec?

The Fleet:

20.gif
What a sweet ride! I like the other vehicles in your fleet too!

Congrats Mike! A friend of mine had a 1970 340 challenger RT when we were teenagers. Do they still call your color sublime? I was a Chevy guy, but I still love the Mopars.

That car is the essence of the muscle car era. Congrats and enjoy.

One question about insurance. Do normal insurance comapnies insure that type of car? Reason I ask is because when I bought a 1979 Tran Am back in the day, I could only find one place in town that would insure it because of the high performance.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
And what's the fastest way for somebody who already has a Bachelors degree to move over to your line if work? And if you say military.... I'm gonna kick myself in the arse.

What are you talking about?

Now that you own the car, see if you can find the video, Vanishing Point that features the original of your car.

The driver will demonstrate how to travel cross country on a nice day with the police departments of several states chasing him. The movie has developed quite a following and you might enjoy it.

In the movie Vanishing Point, why was Kowalski in such a rush to deliver the car ?
I love when the guy in Jaguar instigates a race, blows a tire and wrecks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back