Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Last week I bought a 5 qt jug of M1 5-20EP HM. and a MC FL2017B cartridge oil filter for the 2007 Fusion.

Order from Wal Mart that Fed Ex just dropped off at the house.

Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus High Mileage 0W20 -- 5 quart jug (Will be used in Acura in signature here soon!!)
Aerospace 303 spray -- 20 ounce
Turtle Wax Max Power car wash -- 100 ounce
12 quart/3 gallon car wash bucket

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I bought a Wix 51522 mostly with an Autolite rebate card and will get a $5 coupon for buying it during the President's Day sale at O'Reilly.

What i ran on my 04 Colorado 3.5L.

5qt jug P.P. high mileage 5w/30 for wife's 04 Cruze 1.4 turbo. That car has never run so quiet since we first bought it.

Well I don't buy much these days I don't want my stash getting any bigger but this was a good deal.

[Linked Image]

(1) 5-qt. jug Valvoline 5w30 synthetic for the summer oil change for the wife's 2.4L Santa Fe.
(1) Super Tech "wine box" of 12-qts. 5w30 synthetic for a few oil changes for my son's 2.0T Santa Fe.

2 M1 110A filters.
Fits Honda/Acura and Nissans that I service.
The Fram Ultra 7317 is hard to get off on the 3 K24 engines I service, due to crazy filter location.

Also 3 pack of Valvoline HM 5w30 jugs. $10 cheaper than Mobil1.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
The Fram Ultra 7317 is hard to get off on the 3 K24 engines I service, due to crazy filter location.

What are these engines in? I have been using Bosch filters on mine (72226WS or 3323) that are about the same size as the Fram and have never had an issue getting the filter from the top.

Then again, my K24 is in a CR-V and you can pretty much walk around the engine, I can see the filter being tricky to get to in a Civic or Accord.

Originally Posted by getawheel
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

What are these engines in? I have been using Bosch filters on mine (72226WS or 3323) that are about the same size as the Fram and have never had an issue getting the filter from the top.

Then again, my K24 is in a CR-V and you can pretty much walk around the engine, I can see the filter being tricky to get to in a Civic or Accord.

I service 3 Acura TSXs: 2 2007s and 1 2006. The oil filter is above the oil drain plug, mid way up the engine block in the rear. A true PITA.
Some recommend pulling the passenger tire on these cars. Sheesh.
The 7317 has the grip coating which renders the cup wrench unusable. Also, it might just be me, but it seems the 7317 is harder to break loose.
I have always been able to remove the M1 and Wix by hand.

Accords are bigger and getting to the filter is easy. But still messy as heck.
All good.

Last edited:
Picked up 6x 5 qt jugs of penzoil ultimate platinum 10w30 from walmart.com for the same price as regular platinum on rollback in store. They give a price break for volume purchases.

With two large sump vehicles using it that's not as much of an over purchase as it sounds. Both are due right now, there should be enough left over for a second change on one of them.

This is the first time I have strayed from mobil one in about 20 years. The combo of good UOA's and mid range price was enticing.

Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil-1 Vanilla are competitive.
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is a step above the Platinum.
Ultimate name on the label belongs to Quaker State.

You made a good selection. Should serve you just as well (or better) than the Vanilla. But sometimes after using the same oil for many years, you may see a small increase in consumption, but that should be temporary.
If you were going from Ultra Platinum to Mobil-1, an increase of consumption (temporarily) would likely occur also.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil-1 Vanilla are competitive.
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is a step above the Platinum.
Ultimate name on the label belongs to Quaker State.

You made a good selection. Should serve you just as well (or better) than the Vanilla. But sometimes after using the same oil for many years, you may see a small increase in consumption, but that should be temporary.
If you were going from Ultra Platinum to Mobil-1, an increase of consumption (temporarily) would likely occur also.

Opps you are correct of course, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum,

came to $4.53 /qt , or $22.66 /jugt (all before tax) when you order 6, & free shipping, vs at my local Walmart the vanilla platinum is $22.68 /jug on rollback,

https://www.walmart.com/ip/6-Pack-P...c-Motor-Oil-5-qt/899346874?selected=true

One jug of Mobil 1 5w30 last weekend from Napa, just to get the free Mobil 1 cooler they were giving away. Oil was on sale for $27.99 too, so that helped.

[Linked Image]

Picked up 1 Jug of PUP and 2 Jugs of PP 0w20 for $47 and got a free Fix'd OBDII bluetooth scan tool in Wal-Mart's Car Care Month Special.

Just bought the following filters for my truck:
Group 7 V2222
Luberfiner PH 48
and an Auto Extra 57060

Which to run first 🤔

Last edited:
Back