Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

I agree Hatter. Would rather upgrade to Mobil-1 vanilla.
My vehicles consumed more Super Synthetic, on a one-time trial run 2-3 years ago. The used oil looked wasted after only 5.5K

Good friends GF car/2008 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L -- she is financially struggling at the moment. I donated 1.25 gallons of Shell Rotella T6 5W30 Multi Vehicle, ST oil filter, Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner and a Wix air filter to help her along on Christmas day.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Good friends GF car/2008 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L -- she is financially struggling at the moment. I donated 1.25 gallons of Shell Rotella T6 5W30 Multi Vehicle, ST oil filter, Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner and a Wix air filter to help her along on Christmas day.

When you're on hard times something as little as how to pay for an oil change can be a monumental undertaking. I'm sure she's grateful. Nicely done...ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by BAJA_05

When you're on hard times something as little as how to pay for an oil change can be a monumental undertaking. I'm sure she's grateful. Nicely done...ðŸ‘

Thanks Mad Hatter -- she really appreciates the little things in life also.

A pair of Havoline 5-30 conv. 5 qt. jugs for my friend who needs help occasionally.

He's getting old so I put tape on the jug and write "Happy Birthday" on it so he at least remembers that good deeds still exist.

I do this not for credit but to point his ever-narrowing brain to the existence of good people.

It's quite sad that the majority of failing people's memories are resentment related.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Maybe I'm just missing the deals but, I haven't found any deals(closeout/discontinued) on oil or filter in my area but, I sure am looking.

Or the employees, brothers, cousins, uncles, buddies, etc get it early … One of the AZ dudes admitted he bought 100% of the Mobil 1 AP 0w20 on clearance … and got 20% off the clearance price.

This was the first year in 3 that price tags were not under empty shelves for me
Edit: it was 4 stores to get my bounty

Think MSS was AC Delco when they had the contract … maybe they still make it in case they get the next contract.
Both Chevy dealers offered to upgrade my free changes to M1 for a small incremental cost … so they know it too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by Char Baby
Maybe I'm just missing the deals but, I haven't found any deals(closeout/discontinued) on oil or filter in my area but, I sure am looking.

Or the employees, brothers, cousins, uncles, buddies, etc get it early … One of the AZ dudes admitted he bought 100% of the Mobil 1 AP 0w20 on clearance … and got 20% off the clearance price.

This was the first year in 3 that price tags were not under empty shelves for me
Edit: it was 4 stores to get my bounty

Yeah, i always seem to be a day late and a dollar short on these clearance sales. Guess that's when it's good to have a buddy working at one of the chain stores to give you a heads up....

Penny wise and dollar foolish. If I happen to be in WalMart, and I can't resist the oil isle, and it's on sale, I'll pick up enough for the next oil change (3 vehicles).
I had a co-worker that would drive clear across town to save 3 cents a gallon for gas. I told her she was spending a dollar or two in gas to save 30 cents (plus the aggravation of driving through town.

Most recent purchases were all 5L:

2 x Pennzoil UP 5w20 at $33 each (50ish% off)
2 x Pennzoil UP 5w30 at $33 each (50ish% off)
2 x Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 at $32 each (50ish% off)
4 x Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 at $12 each (60% off plus $10 rebate per jug)
2 x Castrol Edge 5w30 at $27 each (45% off)

These are all $50-60 CAD in stores around me. There's very little variation in price when companies slap 'synthetic' on the bottle regardless of it being a house brand vs. name brand.

6 five quart jugs of 0W-20 Castrol Magnetic from Amazon on sale for $15 and some change. I think it came from Walmart. I also bought the 2 quart bottles of Stabil on Amazon for $9.99 each. Most of the time it's not in stock on the shelves at the local store so it's much easier buying on Amazon Prime.

Picked up 48 quarts of RGT from AutoZone clearance. Mostly 0w20 and 5w20, and a few 5w30.

I haven't bought more than an oil change worth of oil in years, so this is a big one for me.

Amsoil SS 5W20 - will be running SS 5W30 Starting next change.

71076ECB-C1C3-4669-809C-43FF9DD91207.jpeg

Originally Posted by panthermike
Picked up 48 quarts of RGT from AutoZone clearance. Mostly 0w20 and 5w20, and a few 5w30.

I haven't bought more than an oil change worth of oil in years, so this is a big one for me.

I though I cleared out the valley from the east side to Maricopa of RGT, Valvoline, and QSUD 0W20 including Scottsdale and Mesa. Good job!

Back